Do Reese's PB eggs count?

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

Sorry, I couldn't resist: {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

bunnies

Denise
Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2015 Sunshine said: Has anyone had the lemon meringue cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory? It's better than chocolate.
no but only because I didn't know it existed..lol. I have a gift card from there so the answer will soon be ""Yes I have!"". I love lemon anything....especially desserts.
Honored Contributor

peeps

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I am trying to decide what to have now. It is between a Tres Leches cake, coconut cake with lemon curd filling and a 7 minute frosting, creme brulee or some type of panna cotta. I may just to decide to make a couple because to be honest, they all sound good.

I love coconut cake, traditional. But lemon filling sounds just too good! I usually buy the coconut cake from Smith Island in MD.

Respected Contributor

Pepperidge Farms used to make a frozen 3 layer coconut cake with lemon filling- I remember cause it was my grandmothers favorite...

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 denisemb said:

Sorry, I couldn't resist: {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

bunnies

LOL! That's how I like my chocolate bunnies. No bums and no ears.

Honored Contributor

Angel food cake with strawberries. Not a good choice for those keeping an eye on their sugar intake but sure is delicious.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Trusted Contributor

Oh the memories....I remember making the bunny cake with the two round cake pans like some of you mentioned for my boys when they were small....they always loved it! And I loved making it because it was fun!

This year I'll probably make a homemade lemon poundcake that has cream cheese in it...it's rich and delicious and has a fresh lemon glaze. To me, I think of lemon and coconut when I think of Easter desserts. I love coconut cake but other family members aren't crazy about it!

I always put my poundcakes on a cake pedestal for the holidays. Since this particular cake is baked in a bundt pan and has the hole in the middle, I usually put some pretty spring flowers in the hole (like gerbera daisies) and then put some fresh mint leaves (if I can find them) around the diameter of the cake...this little extra step really makes the cake look fancy!