Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

On 3/8/2015 hovis said:

I make a Easter bunny cake. I found a mold in a thrift shop. We decorated it with white frosting and then put coconut on it. We use jelly beans for eyes and tie a ribbon around its neck. Then we sparkle green coconut around it and put jelly beans in with the grass. I also make a chocolate mouse cake with lady fingers. It's alot of work but worth it. My family loves both desserts.

LOVE the bunny cake idea.

How cute!!!!

I remember when all the moms on my block had those kinds of molds.

Honored Contributor

A three layered carrot cake with butter/cream cheese filling and frosting.

Regular Contributor

Lemon cheesecake

Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to decide what to have now. It is between a Tres Leches cake, coconut cake with lemon curd filling and a 7 minute frosting, creme brulee or some type of panna cotta. I may just to decide to make a couple because to be honest, they all sound good.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Banana cream pie.

Respected Contributor

My mom always made a carrot cake for Easter ( bunnies...carrots...seems to go with the holiday!) We also had apple crisp, and sometimes a lemon meringue pie. Sometimes we had a coconut bunny cake, but usually the other three were our desserts.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Gooday said:

Tres leche cake and/or coconut cake.

My DH loves coconut cake. Sam's has one that is delicious. It has buttercream icing, four layers filled with a decadent coconut cream custard.....it must weigh 5 pounds...lol. Thank goodness it freezes well and lasts a long time in the fridge. It is huge!Smile

Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 brbfromTX said:
On 3/8/2015 hovis said:

I make a Easter bunny cake. I found a mold in a thrift shop. We decorated it with white frosting and then put coconut on it. We use jelly beans for eyes and tie a ribbon around pits neck. Then we sparkle green coconut around it and put jelly beans in with the grass. I also make a chocolate mouse cake with lady fingers. It's alot of work but worth it. My family loves both desserts.

I love the Easter Bunny cake idea! Cute!

Valued Contributor

Sorry new to this -the second post didn't put this part-I was inspired and bought a bunny mold on Ebay pls to use my mom's strawberry soda pop cake in mold!
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 terrier3 said:

White cake with lemon curd filling and a coconut marshmallow frosting....

But it has to be served on my old jadite cake stand with a couple of daisies for decoration!

*drool* Lemon and coconut together - the best!