Respected Contributor

What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

I think I will have a fruit taste this year. Something different.

Valued Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

I usually have Angel food cake frosted in a pale yellow thin buttercream icing. I tint some coconut with green food coloring, and make several little nests on top of the cake. To each nest, I add tiny little jelly beans. Kids love this, but so do the adults...lolSmile

Esteemed Contributor

Homemade coconut cake is always a favorite for Easter.

DS asked for pineapple upside down cake. OMG, talk about going retro but it does sound yummy!

Super Contributor

Chocolate, preferably dark, is traditional here.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 05gage25 said:

I usually have Angel food cake frosted in a pale yellow thin buttercream icing. I tint some coconut with green food coloring, and make several little nests on top of the cake. To each nest, I add tiny little jelly beans. Kids love this, but so do the adults...lolSmile

I do the same, only instead of jelly beans, I put Peeps in the 'nests'!
Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Snowpuppy said:

Homemade coconut cake is always a favorite for Easter.

DS asked for pineapple upside down cake. OMG, talk about going retro but it does sound yummy!

How funny, I have a pineapple upside down cake cooking in the oven right now. Sometimes it just tastes good. Smile

I don't really have a traditional Easter dessert, other than enjoying Hot Cross Buns. When I've needed to prepare something it's usually light and citrus flavored, like a lemon cake and frosting sprinkled with coconut. My mom always made a cake and put candy eggs and jelly beans in the coconut for decoration. Also, a trifle makes a nice Easter dessert, with the cream and berries and lady fingers sponge cake.

My favorite Easter treat is a chocolate milk bunny.

Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 PenneyT said:
On 3/8/2015 05gage25 said:

I do the same, only instead of jelly beans, I put Peeps in the 'nests'!

Thanks, Penny! That is really a cute idea! Looks like the eggs have hatched...lol{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Lemon meringue pie.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

White cake with lemon curd filling and a coconut marshmallow frosting....

But it has to be served on my old jadite cake stand with a couple of daisies for decoration!

Respected Contributor

Tres leche cake and/or coconut cake.