Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

Coconut Cake

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 Ladybug724 said:

From time to time I make a very light pie that is delicious and would be perfect for Easter dessert. Soo easy too! Take a graham cracker crust (you can use store-bought but I make my own because I make it thick--yum!) Then the filling: a box of raspberry Jello, fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries, and a tub of Cool Whip. Make the jello, and refrigerate until it gels only slightly, not all the way. Then mix it with the Cool Whip and fold in about a half bag of raspberries. Pour mixture into pie crust and refrigerate until firm. It is soooo good!

I get fresh coconut at Wegmans. They will split the coconut open for you too.

Super Contributor

PEEPS!!!!!

Honored Contributor

flickerbulb......when my children were younger I used to make that bunny cake too. There is a bow tie. When you cut the ears from second round piece, the leftover piece in center is the shape of bow tie. I will have to make one for my grandchildren...thanks for reminder.

I also love anything coconut and so I could really go for a good Coconut Cake! Any dessert is fine with me!

Honored Contributor

My grandmother always made a lamb cake, it was a white cake with vanilla butter crème frosting and coconut all over it. I remember what a work of art I thought it was and that it was too bad it was for eating. It was delicious.

Respected Contributor

galactobourekko

Super Contributor

Has anyone had the lemon meringue cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory? It's better than chocolate.
Valued Contributor

On 3/9/2015 beckyb1012 said:

Coconut Cake

About the only time I have coconut cake & always make it a day ahead before cutting it!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/8/2015 mousiegirl said:

A three layered carrot cake with butter/cream cheese filling and frosting.

Oh, a person after my own heart! I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I also love pineapple upside down cake which I haven't had in many years. I love to cook, but I am not a baker, so, unfortunately, I usually have to order from QVC or shop at our local Farmer's Market. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Regular Contributor

My grandmother had a iron lamb mold which our family still has. Mold comes in two pieces front and back side. You have to use pound cake mix with it because other cake mixes are too light for mold. When pound cake pieces are assembled, the lamb is frosted with white frosting and sprinkled with coconut. On platter we food color coconut green for grass and cut up jelly beans for eyes and nose. Our family has been baking this lamb cake for over 70 years.