Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

On 3/8/2015 Hooty said:

I could go for Pineapple Upside Down Cake or Cheesecake, or ice cream, or banana pudding, or just about anything, LOL!

I'm with you Hooty. Everything on this thread sounds so good, I want to make one of each{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Contributor

Back in the '70s when I was growing up, my mom used to make lemon bars with a lemon & cream cheese frosting. It's been well over 30 years since my mom used to make these. There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what ever happened to that recipe. Our family has been looking for it for decades now and the subject ALWAYS comes up at holiday time. I do remember that my mom was always concerned about how fattening they were and how our family just couldn't leave them alone. My dad was military and had to pass the weight check from time to time, and I think that my mom just "misplaced" the recipe at some point and now really can't remember where it is. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

One year I made a Easter bunny cake. One round cake was his face and the other round half got cut to form the ears. I think there was also a bow tie.

Decorations were jelly beans and coconut colored with food coloring.

I think I will make that cake this year just for fun!

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Thumperluver said:

Lemon meringue pie! Let's me know that summer is on its way!

That's my favorite pie too regardless whether it's a holiday or not.

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 fourpaws said:

This looks so yummy!! Now this is what I like lite and refreshing. Thanks for their picture.

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 luvpoos said:
On 3/8/2015 Thumperluver said:

Lemon meringue pie! Let's me know that summer is on its way!

That's my favorite pie too regardless whether it's a holiday or not.

it is my favorite too.
Trusted Contributor

America's Test Kitchen's White Coconut Cake...it is divine! I always put lemon curd between the layers. And extra (lots of extra) toasted coconut on the top and sides.

Respected Contributor

From time to time I make a very light pie that is delicious and would be perfect for Easter dessert. Soo easy too! Take a graham cracker crust (you can use store-bought but I make my own because I make it thick--yum!) Then the filling: a box of raspberry Jello, fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries, and a tub of Cool Whip. Make the jello, and refrigerate until it gels only slightly, not all the way. Then mix it with the Cool Whip and fold in about a half bag of raspberries. Pour mixture into pie crust and refrigerate until firm. It is soooo good!

Honored Contributor

The BEST mile high lemon pie recipe I ever made was from The Pastry Queen - it's still available at Amazon.

There are lemon-lime and chocolate hazelnut versions.

The lemon version is on the cover...many sources to get her recipe online too.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Pastry-Queen-Royally-Countrys/dp/1580085628