Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Easter Dessert

On 3/8/2015 terrier3 said:

White cake with lemon curd filling and a coconut marshmallow frosting....

But it has to be served on my old jadite cake stand with a couple of daisies for decoration!

Sounds very pretty!!
Regular Contributor

I like the trifle I make many times---cut up angel food cake layered with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and cool whip--I prefer Dream Whip, but can't find it here. Sometimes I sprinkle with coconut (that I don't like, but others do).

I also make a raspberry cake that is amazing if you like raspberries. You get a white cake mix, add the berries to it and for frosting, mix more berries with cool whip. I usually put it in a 9x13. That cake does not last long around this house!

Actually like anything that is light and fresh.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

It seems at my in-laws we always have some type of Jello dessert & at my mom's house always a fruit pie (lemon or strawberry) or a strawberry soda pop cake. I don't have the recipe for the cake but it is always a big hit.
Valued Contributor

I did a coconut sheet cake last year that was really good. The cake is pictured on the cover of Southern Lady magazine March/April 2015 edition. I found it in another magazine last year. I was thinking about doing it again this year, but am also thinking about doing a dessert with passion fruit. I have lots of recipes pinned on Pinterest for cakes, tarts etc. using passion fruit puree. I may do both, and give my family a choice.

I have a friend whose husband worked for Goodyear and they lived in South America for a while. She was introduced to passion fruit while she lived there, and she was recently telling me about them. People in South America would just punch a hole in the side of the fruit, squeeze it, and eat it that way. Seeds are edible too. She loves them, and her stories really peeked my interest. I was able to buy some passion fruit pulp in a container that I plan to use. Fresh passion fruits (if you can even find them) are around $4 each, and they are not large. So they are fairly expensive. For some reason, I can't get passion fruit out of my mind at the moment. I really want to try some desserts made with it.

Honored Contributor

Strawberry shortcake!

Valued Contributor

I make a Easter bunny cake. I found a mold in a thrift shop. We decorated it with white frosting and then put coconut on it. We use jelly beans for eyes and tie a ribbon around its neck. Then we sparkle green coconut around it and put jelly beans in with the grass. I also make a chocolate mouse cake with lady fingers. It's alot of work but worth it. My family loves both desserts.

Super Contributor

Key lime pie!

Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 hovis said:

I make a Easter bunny cake. I found a mold in a thrift shop. We decorated it with white frosting and then put coconut on it. We use jelly beans for eyes and tie a ribbon around its neck. Then we sparkle green coconut around it and put jelly beans in with the grass. I also make a chocolate mouse cake with lady fingers. It's alot of work but worth it. My family loves both desserts.

I love the Easter Bunny cake idea! Cute!

Honored Contributor

Coconut cake with lots of fresh coconut has to be my favorite cake at Easter.

I also love a moist lemon cake with lemon flavored icing. Oh, so good.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

Another vote for lemon meringue pie. Terrier3, your dessert is my favorite birthday cake!