Frequent Contributor

Re: What's Happened to LocknLock?

Not hard at all.  But thanks for the critical reply.

Regular Contributor

The Q has sold so many that L&L are rushing them out and have stopped quality control to some degree - that's my thinking. I have had a nightmare with mine lately. Even the ones that I've never put in the microwave the tabs are breaking off. After a few usages, you can see the hinge on the tab turn white. I have way more than I need. Some have never been taken out of the plastic wrap.

I am slowly but surely returning to Tupperware. I never have had any to break and the seals are way better. Burp it and go.

I do not fault the Q but with all the complaints they should ask L&L what is going on in our behalf.

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Respected Contributor

Years ago, I bought a glass 13x9 pan with a LocknLock top.

On the very first day I was going to use it, the lock would not connect. I wasted my money--it was way too late to return it.

But I never bought another piece,and never will.

New Contributor

Exactly - what happened??  I have been a QVC customer since it started, and I have been buying LocknLock pieces for years.  I just got the TSV 13 piece set and it is certainly not the quality of my older pieces.  The plastic is thinner, and the locking mechanism certainly isn't as sturday.  The small pieces are pretty useless because they are so small.   On top of all that, I had a USED piece in my set.  It was a different color, and it was one of the older type pieces and had the unmistakeable marks of a piece that had been used in the microwave.  Of course it was one of my favorite sizes -- what is that all about???   Called customer service, and I certainly wasn't going to package them all up again and return after all the unwrapping and washing (it was one of the last pieces I unpacked to put in the sink.  Got a $5 refund.  Really unhappy, and sorry to say, won't be buying again.  They should have explained the new look, or whatever to give us a heads-up.  

Respected Contributor

@Berkshire2 

The new 13 piece set does seem different in quality. I received mine recently; I'll use it and see how,it holds up.  It is rather strange that you would received a used piece.  That has never happened to me.

As for the smaller pieces though, I like getting them.  Some I use in the kitchen and some I find all kinds of uses for in other rooms of the house. Some I tuck neatly away in tote bags that I use for different purposes. 

All-in-all, I'm pleased with my TSV set, but we'll see how much use I get out of it. 

Honored Contributor

Another old thread bumped up by a newbie.

Regular Contributor

My set is still good after many years, yes 2 tabs have broken off but I believe that seal is strong once it's locked making the tabs vulnerable.
No stains or odors from various foods in fact just ordered another set with handles!
Respected Contributor

I quit buying years ago due to a change in the quality.  When they were first introduced, they were pretty good.  The second time I purchased, the quality just wasn't there.  Stained easy and would crack.  Waste of money.

Honored Contributor

I've moved on except for a handful of pieces.  I decided to go back to glass.  

Trusted Contributor

Try Rubbermaid Brilliance. So much better than LocknLock. Have heard Tupperware is going out of business.