Honored Contributor

Re: What's Good At Trader Joes?

[ Edited ]

My daughter recommended their vegetable potstickers and I tried them today-love them too!

She also told me about the tempura cauliflower-oh my! Wonderful and tastes like sweet and sour chicken!

@BunSnoop-

Also for anyone who loves ginger cookies, they have several kinds but my favorite are the Trader Joe's triple ginger in a small orange box that is right above the frozen section. They are very thin but some have a tiny bit or 2 of ginger in them and the ginger explodes in your taste buds!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

Can you do all of your weekly shopping at Trader Joes?

I don't think anyone does all their weekly shopping at TJ's.  As you've probably surmised from the comments, TJ's is good for one-off items that you can't find anyplace else, that are less expensive than elsewhere, etc.  Shopping there is a bit of a treasure hunt.  It's kind of fun if you have time and don't mind dealing with a crowded store, narrow aisles, and limited parking.  Most everything is TJ's own brand.

I like their $0.99 greeting cards.  I don't care for their produce; local supermarkets have better.

@ValuSkr I do my weekly shopping at TJ's. I can make many meals just from items from the store to keep from having to go to several different stores. They have many items for people on different diets at a lower price than at traditional grocery stores. 

I made crepes tonight and everything was from TJ's: filling was their Italian sausage, bag of baby spinach, Spanish olive oil, shredded Swiss and Gruyere cheese. I used their dried basil and oregano, crushed chili peppers, and garlic powder (I can't eat fresh garlic) to season the filling. I make keto blueberry muffins with their frozen organic blueberries. Tomorrow night will be chicken thighs with fresh lemons and their frozen artichokes. I like their bagged salad because the bags are small enough that I can get one or two to prevent waste. I make salads for lunch with sliced salami, kalamata olives, organic cherry tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, and dressing with olive oil and applie cider vinegar.

I've figured out how to make their offerings fit my way of cooking, I suppose. Another thing I like is the lack of preservatives and artificial sweeteners in their items. Also, the orange-peach-mango juice makes excellent mimosas! Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

their pork potsttickers are a standby for an easy meal

I like it in soup with cut up veggies - fast and comforting

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

I absolutely love their potstickers!!

Their potstickers are just as good as the ones on QVC at a fraction of the price. And they consistently carry the veggie potstickers unlike QVC which usually only has chicken and pork.  

I have never tried QVC's potstickers, but Trader Joe's are so delicious at a fraction of the cost and is located down the street from my job. I also buy their potsticker sauce and frozen fried rice and I have a great meal. I'll have to try and make potsticker soup next.

Honored Contributor

Everyone has such good suggestions and descriptions of what Trader Joes is.

Let's not forget their flowers at amazing prices and so fresh and pretty with different varieties!

Yes, wine-ditto.

Salad mixes.

I'll have to try those vit b12 sublingual things.

I don't go as often as my daughter or others. 

I usually go for their things you can't find anywhere else that I start to feel like I've got to have that!

They rent in very small parking lots as others have said so sometimes I have to turn around and go home.

Also yes narrow isles, usually very crowded, but every single employee so genuinely nice and willing to help, unlike any store I've been in.

So worth it to me and for someone that can never think of what to eat, their frozen section always has such interesting things!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

Their potstickers are just as good as the ones on QVC at a fraction of the price. And they consistently carry the veggie potstickers unlike QVC which usually only has chicken and pork.  

I have never tried QVC's potstickers, but Trader Joe's are so delicious at a fraction of the cost and is located down the street from my job. I also buy their potsticker sauce and frozen fried rice and I have a great meal. I'll have to try and make potsticker soup next.

@DJs mom I like the Thai shrimp potstickers (I think that's what they're called). You can make that fried rice, orange chicken (my sister puts the chicken in the air fryer), and frozen broccoli and beef and have a meal that's much cheaper than Chinese take-out. 

I also recently tried this spicy ponzu sauce in a small bottle to dip the pan fried potstickers in, and it's really yummy! 

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@DJs mom I like the Thai shrimp potstickers (I think that's what they're called). You can make that fried rice, orange chicken (my sister puts the chicken in the air fryer), and frozen broccoli and beef and have a meal that's much cheaper than Chinese take-out. 

I also recently tried this spicy ponzu sauce in a small bottle to dip the pan fried potstickers in, and it's really yummy! 

@pinkmochi ooh I'm going to get the Thai shrimp potstickers on my next Trader Joe's trip. Thank you!