@Kachina624 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

milk is cheaper

great cheese

Irish Breakfast tea

teeny tiny avocados

lots of great frozen food ready to eat or add to

I could go on and on,  ours has a sampling bar never had anything bad 

@jackthebear.  Who wants a teeny, tiny avocado?  I recently read they've developed a huge avocado that weighs about 4lbs.  I'm holding out for that.

I like the small ones it's just enough to eat without leftovers and avoids the brown avocado,  perfect for avo toast

also they have "everything but the bagel " seasoning which is perfect on avo toast

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Good At Trader Joes?

@Hoovermom wrote:

"Everything but the bagel" seasoning is awesome on anything, veggies, eggs, meats.  Also they have a fabulous peach bellini.

and the onion seasoning too

I just saw on Instagram there is some kind of mushroom seasoning that is new   need to check it out 

Valued Contributor

I enjoy their frozen cauliflower "Gnocchi".

It makes a nice side dish or main meal topped with a tomato sauce or blended with other vegetables.  I also recommend their mushroom ravioli, also in the frozen section, near the gnocchi.

I found a bargain at Trader Joes this month too.

Mid December, QVC offered a wax dipped amaryllis bulb by Cottage Farms.  It provided the water and nutrients needed, all contained within the bulb being dipped in wax.  

No muss, no fuss.  It sold for $26.40 for one bulb.   I ordered one out of curiosity.

About a week later, I was in Trader Joes and saw the same bulbs with the same tags

selling for $8.00 a piece.  I bought three and canceled my QVC order.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

Forgot - the frozen brown rice!

Respected Contributor

Their meat, dry goods, frozen foods, argan oil, and candy.  Great store.

Respected Contributor

Trader Joe's pepper jelly. Great with cream cheese on crackers.  Also thier French onion soup in the frozen food section. They used to have cheap prices on lots of spices but thsse items are failry limited now. Great chocolate candies. 

Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Sorry gang but I still fail to see the attraction to this store! I was in the city last week and as a favor to my DIL I stopped at got what she wanted from Trader Joes. Ugh, I really dislike shopping there! I walked up and down the aisles trying to see what all the lovers like, and I just don't get it. I quickly left hoping never to return again.

REALLY? TJ's sells GREAT everthing - cheese, wine, frozen food, bread,flowers, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I have never been to Trader Joe's.  Drove past one yesterday and the parking lot was just packed!!

Can you do all of your weekly shopping at Trader Joes?  What is it about Trader Joe's that everyone loves?  Are there certain speciality items that they carry which makes everyone go there?  

I live close to a Trader Joe's so it is regular stop for me. It is not the store you go to to buy cleaning products, toilet paper, and other staples of that type. For me, I shop there primarliy for food. Trader Joes has many frozen foods under their own label including pasta, vegetables, T.V. dinners, steel cut oatmeal, almond croisants, seafood, mexican food, etc. Most are items that you will probably not find in a traditional grocery store. They have great fresh croisants, frozen deserts, and usually have someone making food samples from combinations of their offerings. They have delicious prepacked salads as well. They have a wonderful wine section and iffyou are entertaining it is a great place to pick up special cheeses, dips, crackers, etc. Not only is the food great, it is less expensive than the grocery store. The stores are small and easy to shop in and the staff is helpful and friendly. I'm sure everyone has their favorites. You should try it out. It will be worth your time.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Love pre=packaged salads..mostly the Sorrento package.  Great cheeses as well, many different coffees, fresh ravioli, and Trader Joe's ricotta is unsurpassed.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Sorry gang but I still fail to see the attraction to this store! I was in the city last week and as a favor to my DIL I stopped at got what she wanted from Trader Joes. Ugh, I really dislike shopping there! I walked up and down the aisles trying to see what all the lovers like, and I just don't get it. I quickly left hoping never to return again.

You know, I have seen TJ's mentioned so many times I happened to say to a friend of mine I wish we would get one.  Her answer was "Why?"  When I said I kept seeing them mentioned she told me they were pretty much like a Whole Foods, just a bunch of organic stuff.  Now, a lot of the stuff I see mentioned don't appear to be organic, so I still don't know.  If it's mainly organic, we have a Sprouts nearby, although it's just an occasional stop for me.  I guess we just don't eat a lot of organic stuff.  We also have an Aldi's which I know isn't organic, but I also often hear mentioned a lot due to low prices.  I have never been in it though. 

Now, those tiny avocados someone else mentioned I might be interested in, mainly to find out the variety and whether it's also a small enough plant that I could grow in a pot.