Honored Contributor

Re: What's Good At Trader Joes?

The plain or cinnamon raisin bagels; cod provencale--serving for 1; eggs are cheaper than our supermarket; feta cheese; fish.  There are other items that I can't think of off hand.  It is possible to do all your shopping there.  I actually tried their toilet paper and liked it.  But obviously the selection is not as large as a supermarket's.  As another poster stated, the employees are very friendly and helpful.  I walk there every week--it's only a few blocks way!!

Frequent Contributor

Better'n Peanut Butter.  I stock up and buy at least 4 jars at a time.  It is lower in sugar and lower in calories than regular peanut butter.  It is so good!!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

milk is cheaper

great cheese

Irish Breakfast tea

teeny tiny avocados

lots of great frozen food ready to eat or add to

I could go on and on,  ours has a sampling bar never had anything bad 

@jackthebear.  Who wants a teeny, tiny avocado?  I recently read they've developed a huge avocado that weighs about 4lbs.  I'm holding out for that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

"Everything but the bagel" seasoning is awesome on anything, veggies, eggs, meats.  Also they have a fabulous peach bellini.

@Hoovermom Can not be without this, always have to have a backup bottle.

Honored Contributor

I just came back from Trader Joe's - picked up some wine and cheese.  They have great prices on both.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone for mentioning you're favorite items. 

After the holidays, when the store maybe won't be quite as busy, I'll have to stop in and see what I find.

Respected Contributor

They have a fresh vacuum packed pot roast type meat...around $14.00 but lasts for 3 meals for 2 of us. I also love their spice tea bags.

Esteemed Contributor

CHOCOLATE COVERED ALMONDS!!!!! Delicious whole almonds, dipped in chocolate with a hard dark chocolate coating yummm!

Respected Contributor

They have great prices on cheese. We love their marinated carne asada. Lots of good frozen foods - not your typical supermarket stuff.

Honored Contributor

Their pork belly (in the refrigerated section as it's already cooked) and in the freezer section their scallion pancakes, so good!  I also love their half turkey breast as it is the perfect amount for just me but I would call ahead to make sure they have them that day (they are in the fresh meat section).  If you get the turkey breast grab a box of their cornbread stuffing too!