Trusted Contributor

I have never been to Trader Joe's.  Drove past one yesterday and the parking lot was just packed!!

Can you do all of your weekly shopping at Trader Joes?  What is it about Trader Joe's that everyone loves?  Are there certain speciality items that they carry which makes everyone go there?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Good At Trader Joes?

I love Trader Joes!!  I live about a half hour or so from the one near Gillette Stadium in Foxboro Ma.   You will find a lot of different brands there, many organic foods.  They usually have beautiful flowers and great prices on wine.  Only thing missing IMO is there is no deli counter or butcher counter.  They do though sell quality packaged meats.  And of course lots of fruits and veggies.  I think you should definately give it a try.  

Happy shoppingSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's my go-to store and I shop there every week.  But if I had to select one single most favorite item, it's likely to be their canned corn!  (The can with the yellow label.). This is as good as any corn I've ever tasted!  Of course, there are so many other good things that I can't think of them all.  But what I love most about my local TJ's - their employees!  It's always a fun, happy place to shop!

Honored Contributor

Ginger snaps, refrigerated pizza dough (not as good as homemade but good and can be frozen), and cookies in red tin.

Trusted Contributor

There are many things that I haven't tried yet, but what I find I go back to time and time again are the dressings, condiments, sauces.  The bottled salad dressings are all pretty good (I love, love the peanut vinigrette that I use as a cooking sauce for quick Asian dishes).  I'm a person who generally does NOT like bottled salad dressings, so that says something.

Their bagel seasoning is great, and they had a coffee rub for meat that was so good, but has disappeared from the shelves.

I have tried some of the prepared dishes and while they were okay and nicely flavored, I always found them lacking in protein or substance, or something and was often disappointed so I stopped trying them.

Of course, the wine is good.

There are many things I have yet to try....I'll have to try that canned corn.

Honored Contributor

milk is cheaper

great cheese

Irish Breakfast tea

teeny tiny avocados

lots of great frozen food ready to eat or add to

I could go on and on,  ours has a sampling bar never had anything bad 

Respected Contributor

I don't do my weekly shopping there but my list of things I love include:  frozen broccoli, Kringle Danish Coffee Cakes, Winter Spice Coffee, cheeses, Cocktail Sauce, Olives, Pasta, Chocolates, Body Wash, Tingle Shampoo and Conditioner, WINE!!! Wow, I could go on!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Everything but the bagel" seasoning is awesome on anything, veggies, eggs, meats.  Also they have a fabulous peach bellini.

Trusted Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

"Everything but the bagel" seasoning is awesome on anything, veggies, eggs, meats.  Also they have a fabulous peach bellini.

That's the bagel seasoning that I love.  I almost can't live without it.

I forgot to mention the ginger tumeric tea.  That's so good.

Honored Contributor

Sorry gang but I still fail to see the attraction to this store! I was in the city last week and as a favor to my DIL I stopped at got what she wanted from Trader Joes. Ugh, I really dislike shopping there! I walked up and down the aisles trying to see what all the lovers like, and I just don't get it. I quickly left hoping never to return again.

"Pure Michigan"