Respected Contributor

I made a recipe that Housecat posted a while back.  It's Lemon Cream Chicken Thighs and it was tasty.  I recommend it.

Honored Contributor

My house was filled last night with Italian aromas - so good DH noted the aroma before he even entered the house.  Chicken, roasted tomatoes, garlic, crushed red peppers, thyme, oregano, basil, about one cup of chicken broth & cream (I used 1/2&1/2). Brown chicken, set aside, heat everything in the pan, add chicken, put in oven 350 until done about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with your fav ital cheese. YUM! 

Honored Contributor

@missy1  laughing but hoping it's chicken and not beef

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo  love anything lemon

Esteemed Contributor

I had Bubble Pizza Casserole and a small salad.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

It’s boring around my house most evenings. I cook more once the weather turns cooler.

DH and I eat a late lunch most days so it’s usually lunch leftovers, cereal, yogurt, soup and crackers, or breakfast in the evenings.

When I retired from work, I retired from cooking too. 🙀

@OKPrincess

It was a little warm yesterday but I was hungry for pot roast. I could have used the crockpot but I like it better cooked in the Dutch Oven plus the gravy is so yummy. I put the AC on 72° so it would not get hot in the house. LOL!!!

We don't eat out much so have to cook something. At least with the roast I won't have to cook again today.

I cook more then we need so I don't have to cook daily.

DH also cooks so I don't have to do it all the time.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

My house was filled last night with Italian aromas - so good DH noted the aroma before he even entered the house.  Chicken, roasted tomatoes, garlic, crushed red peppers, thyme, oregano, basil, about one cup of chicken broth & cream (I used 1/2&1/2). Brown chicken, set aside, heat everything in the pan, add chicken, put in oven 350 until done about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with your fav ital cheese. YUM! 

@PINKdogWOOD

Sounds delish. DH said the same thing when he walked in from work last night. He could smell the pot roast on the front porch before he opened the door. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz  Hooray for us that they noticed!!  Mine doesn't always.  Your pot roast sounds delish too, I haven't had a good one since mom died. I will say she was a great cook and her Sunday pot roast was the bomb.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@missy1  laughing but hoping it's chicken and not beef

It was Big Macs! lol

Respected Contributor

I had roast Thursday, so I'm still eating it.  It just gets better as it keeps.  

I used a can of beef consume, a can of French onion soup, chuck roast, carrots, baby Yukon gold potatoes, Vidalia onion, and mushrooms.  Then finished it with a pack of Lipton onion soup mix and a bit of Kitchen Bouquet.  No salt needed, but yum.  I pressure cooked it and cut the chuck roast up first to brown and cook faster.  I did it for 45 minutes and let the soup mix thicken it afterward on saute.  I just had a bowl for breakfast this morning.