Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking this September 2020?

@KaySD Correct. I do sweet potato hash and then add to it after the fact. More versatile for me that way.

Honored Contributor

Beef stew and cornbread for our supper tonight.  

Honored Contributor

Grilled ham, baked beans, cauliflower slaw and rolls for us tonight.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

I always love to read your menus!  I could eat at your house any time! 💕💕😊😊. Your meals sound just like my Mom used to make.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties wrote:

@RedTop 

I always love to read your menus!  I could eat at your house any time! 💕💕😊😊. Your meals sound just like my Mom used to make.

@4kitties @RedTop 

Me, too! And her daughters are so lucky to have such a loving and caring mom!

Honored Contributor

@4kitties@vabreeze,

Thank you for your compliments and such kind words!   My heart is smiling!

Respected Contributor

I am marinating some boneless pork chops and will grill them this evening.  I will eat mine as is with roasted little red potatoes and tossed green salad as sides.  Mr 4kittes will have the same but his chop will be on a bun.  He likes his as a sandwich with BBQ sauce.  

There was a good sale on chicken legs.  I got some along with a bag of the frozen, thick egg noodles.  Chicken and noodles for us tomorrow night.  I will have too much for just the two of us so I will freeze up the leftovers.  So nice to have them on hand for nights when we just do not want to cook.

Regular Contributor

Been making my very new favorite lately.  A cabbage pancake.  I use the flip over Cook's Essentials pan to make it in and it is easy to turn without making a mess.  I use packaged coleslaw mix (8 oz.), 2 beaten eggs, 1/3 C all purpose flour, 1/2 small onion diced, and a few green onions, sliced.   Then I add a teaspoon or more of some chili garlic paste or Siracha, a few splashes of soy sauce and some minced garlic, a splask of sesame oil and black pepper. Mix it all together until the cabbage is coated and the flour is incorporated.   Put a few tablespoons of oil in the pan and let it get heated up.  Put the mixture in and pat down and cook for about 6 minutes on medium.  Then flip it over and cook the other side for another 6 minutes.  It is so delicious and does not taste "cabbagey".  You can make a dipping sauce to serve with it of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and some of the chili paste.  I do not do this.  I just eat it plain.  It is my new favorite food obsession.  Very filling and satisfying and great when you don't feel like eating meat, chicken or fish.

Respected Contributor

@retiredatlast 

Oh my!  This sounds delicious.  I will have to try it out.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Keeping it simple tonight with hamburgers and fried potatoes.