Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking this Merry Month of December

Oh my goodness, Soushi, that sub looks yummy for sure.

I went on strike for cooking dinner - so what did everyone eat? The teens had those UGH frozen dinners - they love them. The itty bitty ones had something OK, actually also frozen dinner for one but the other is not yet up to food of any nature. LOL. Me? Have not eaten a thing - I need to get something in  me as it is stupid NOT to eat. Just do not  feel like it but will get either a tomato sandwich and/or Moose Tracks Ice Cream. Hang my head for sure.

Now the weather experts say we will have NO rain at all. Darn them anywayl

Hope all had a great day!!

Respected Contributor

Bought Pizza tonight - only Davey and I here for now. It will change in a couple hours however.

Hope all had a great day and ate well.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Am still on strike re cooking - LOL - but I need to get my act together. Again, only Davey and I here for dinner and I let him dig out another one of those frozen dinners. guess I need to change things for tonight.

Very cold this morning - really enjoyed the respite of nice weather - suspect it is gone for a spell. Tomorrow will be a busy busy day. And looking out on the street under the street light, sure looks like some water standing out there. Never heard any rain fall but obviously some did. Yesterday Davey did get his second math tutoring at the hi school in one week - yeah!!! - and tomorrow he goes to Saturday school. Keep telling him to get that grade up from the cellar at least to the first floor and he will have more time to do what he would like. Tomorrow breakfast is in Redlands at Stonecraft Ministries, then a trip to Beaumont to pick up some food I ordered and then hurriedly back to Yucaipa to find Davey. Will not get to school when he gets out - just too much Freeway traveling but will give him $$ for a Farmer Boys Burger - he will be happy to wait for me. He loves those things and they are HUGE. Not a bad deal!

Tessa and the little one returned last night, the young boy is still visiting his "Auntie" and he will be back this morning. He has developed a bad cough so he may need a trip to the MD - we shall see.

So what for dinner? Probably a good chuck roast with a lot of good go withs.

Have a great day everyone - and eat well.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks Preds for getting our weekend started.

We did have that roast last night and I had cabbage and an onion cooking with it and we also had baked potatoes. It was a good meal, a little different combo than I fix usually with a roast but it was very very good. Everyone pigged out.

Yesterday we had some lulu of thunderstorms and hail which a couple times coated the ground white. Really fierce - and the lightning was brilliant. We had a lot of rain and it certainly can be used out here. Snow in the mountains surrounding us - that is a good place for it - love to look at it but no longer want to drive in it. With the weather yesterday we had a lot of accidents - hope none were tragic. It is also very very cold this morning.

This morning and up until early afternoon it is going to be very very busy.. Unfortunately still too cold and wet to put the kitties outside. I have a "condo" for them but it is not suitable for wet weather. Sigh.

Hope one and all have a great day!!!

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, nothing much going on here, weather is very mild for this time of year, but rain is due tomorrow, should be snow at this date.

Last nite was soup/sandwich, which was good, had some Genoa salami & bean soup, tonite leftover soup & maybe Italian sausage sandwich, love sandwich's 

Next week will have to get going on the food for Eve & Day, like to make as much as possible ahead of time, so I can join the fun.

Take Care

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hi Spix - cooking or preparing food ahead of time is always a good thing in my opinion. Weather here is C O L D!!!! Did get to Beaumont yesterday to pick up the food I ordered. It is usually a very good deal but lately there is stuff there that I have NO idea what on earth it is = also they are beginning to add more can foods and I am not a fan of canned veggies. May stop it a while and wait to see if I do that and start up again if things will have changed. I have kept a positive outlook but I also do not like going there and sitting in my car for close to 30 minutes before I can move - they use to be super organized but the lady who took care of the distribution moved out of state - it shows!!!. They are starting late and it use to go so very smoothly. Also noticed yesterday they did not have anywhere near the people they use to have. I talked to them last month but I believe I got chastised in a way. The lady I spoke with said I could just start rinsing off  the canned veggies to remove salt, etc. Also the ONLY meat we are getting is a horrible package of 4 chicken quarters. I do not eat that, kids do, but I would prefer they return to giving you the 80/20 hamburger meat - well I call it hamburger meat. LOL.  I DID get a bunch of yellow squash and it was all in very good shape - was pleased with that as I love it and the fact it was not messed up, well that was a blessing. ACtually it use to work smoothly, you drove up, someone checked your name and you moved up to the loading area - took perhaps a couple minutes, popped the trunk of your car, they loaded it, thanked you and you drove off - good way to shop. If it works well however.

Last night was leftovers of the roast and cabbage - better than the night I originally cooked it. Tonight? probably chicken of some kind.

COLD here and am heading to church wearing a thick sweater instead of a blouse - of course will have a sweater over that - I love those longer coat style sweaters from the Q - I now have three - Irish Day always nails me for one of those or another type Irish wool sweater. LOVE them!!

Hope all have a great day. Soushi - where are you. I have a hunch you may have headed to Florida but isn't this early for you? We need you here also and you are missed.

Honored Contributor