Respected Contributor

What's Cooking this Merry Month of December

[ Edited ]

Hard to believe that December is already here. This year - while full of trials and tribulations, certainly is whizzing by. And to help say hello to December, it is once again freezing here this morning.

Have said before I have no talent in putting pictures on here. Perhaps I should try it one day - but not todayl

Last night I warmed up the stew. As usual, it is better the second day. Not much left but a good base so may freeze the remainder. When I want it again, can just add some more potatoes to it as they are all gone. It was good and for two days it fed us well. Now to figure out what for tonight - I think whatever it is, it will be an easy meal.

Got Davey signed up for Math tutoring starting today.  Sure hope it helps as he is not dumb, he just does not understand it. Shame on him as he has had several opportunities to turn his grades around but has not taken the initiative - hope this works a bit. Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking this Merry Month of December

Sure wish I had some of that stew! Love stew! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

It's December!  TIme does fly.  I am planning on making some of the recipes Ree Drummond has online.  I think she has an enchilada recipe that looks good.  Hoping to make it this week.

Tonight I am using my Optigrill for steak.

Valued Contributor

Afternoon all,

Image result for free christmas clipart vintage

And if someone says Happy Holidays to me...I'm going to smack them. Then I'll say..MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Glad to see you started us, Winifred. I was out this morning having lab work and at the grocery store. Grocery shopping seems to be my new hobby.

Bought thick pork chops for dinner tonight. Not sure what will go with them. A salad for sure, want to try some new dressing. Bought at Aldi's and it has garlic floating in the bottle. That has to be good.

Have Mahjong here tomorrow so planning for that. Then Thursday is going to be very busy. Have lunch with classmates, a carry in, I'm fixing the Olive Garden Italian soup. Next I have book club at 2:00. Then going to dinner and show of "The Rat Pack".

Hope all is well and wishing you all the best.

Valued Contributor

Victorian Santa Postcard:

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Woke up to a blanket of frost on the ground. I thought it was snow at first.But, nope, just frosty out there this morning.

I did some Christmas decorating yesterday. Found a huge branch cut off laying by the road. Packed it up and brought it home. Love the smell of pine in the house. I cut up into smaller branches. Used it in a planter outside by the door, some when into a vase with cuttings of our holly bush, and the last bit went into a vase of flowers. A lot of mileage out of that pine for sure!

Didn't fix the chops last night. Hubby said let's go out for Chinese and that is what we did. Chops will again be on the menu tonight.

Just feeling the need to make some cookies. Maybe after Mahjong today.

Best to all, enjoy the day.

Valued Contributor

Hot out of the oven. DH gave them thumbs up. I did add about a cup of dried cranberries.

Pecan Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients 1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 egg

3/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until light and smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. In a medium mixing bowl. whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, oatmeal, and pecans. Gradually add it to the butter mixture, until just blended. Mix in the white chocolate chips. Place level tablespoons of dough on the cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until slightly golden.

Respected Contributor

Had a simple meal this evening. Roast in the slow cooker and I tossed Italian dressing on it - super good. Of course there was also a big sweet onion with it. Sides were carrots in butter and fried cabbage - I usually have fried cabbage as a stand alone but decided to do it this way. Very good. Kitchen clean and the slow cooker soaking in nice warm soapy water - hope I stay away long enough to clean it - I usually do but sometimes I let it slide.

Was another beautiful day.

We are still trembling over the shootings yesterday in San Bernardino - just horrible. Still very active there and also Redlands where the slain suspects lived - it is only 5 minutes from me.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Contributor

No snow or anything yet. Next week we have a party where the kids get to see Santa and get gifts from him Smiley Happy This last weekend we did this online thing where we brought cookies to a neighbor to surprise him: https://ooh.li/26e6f0e. I want to take them to the Manhattan Post Office one day too and pick up Santa letters so we can surprise a child who really believes in Santa and wrote him a letter (don't know why I find that so cute, but I used to do it all the time when I was single and want to pick up the tradition again now that I have kids).