Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Cooking this Merry Month of December

Santa is going home

10304343_640223396119036_7112292018689254258_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dinner cooking - a simple one. Baked ham, in the oven baking away. It is a boneless spiral so will glaze it - probably eat in about 2 hours. Mashed potatoes, broccoli with butter and also some corn - with butter - I love the veggies with nothing but butter on them. Now let me be honest, I say butter, but nope, not the real stuff, rarely use it for anything except baking. I use the Say It's Not Butter - I cannot tell the difference. Do have THREE big pies however - Pumpkin, Dutch apple and Coconut Cream - hmn, perhaps the meal is a tad unbalanced. Also have Moose Tracks and Vanilla Ice Cream if need as a go with for the pies. Mercy me, cannot believe I am doing this.

Hope all are having a great day and for those who have eaten, bet it was good. For those still waiting to eat, it WILL be good.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Oh, Miss flbettyboop, that is so darn cute. We will be heading your way soon.

Looking forward to it. Looks like we will be there a few days for warm weather, then it becomes colder. Darn. Not that cold here right now. But snow is on the way. Guess we will just take what we get and enjoy it.

Christmas quiet and restful. Daughter stopped by in the evening. I sent home some of the ham. I bought the ham for Aldi's with a $3 off coupon. It was the cheapest on and it turned out to be wonderful. Very lean. We had it for lunch, then sandwiches for dinner. Will freeze the rest of it.

Lots of errands today and packing to do. Hate that packing part. Not much room in the car this year. Need to take DH's oxygen generator, his scooter, and golf clubs. That just about fills the trunk.

Looking forward to good tomatoes, strawberries, sunshine, palm trees, and the ocean. Oh, forgot seafood too, (sorry Winifred).

Best to all, enjoy the day.

Valued Contributor

preds, that picture is so true of all of us. We are perfect just the way we are. We need to accept ourselves.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Eating cold pizza for breakfast...you will drum me out of the corp. Actually, it tastes pretty good this morning.

We are keeping an eye on the weather here. Looks like icy rain tomorrow. Not good for driving.

Hope all is well.

Respected Contributor

Soushi, have never had cold pizza for breakfast but have had warmed over pizza for breakfast - it is very good.

My time in the kitchen has been spent since Christmas warming things up. Still have a ton of Ham and broccoli left over - usually both of those items go amazingly quick. Weird. Mashed potatoes are almost gone however and the corn is completely gone - I finished that up last night.

Another very very cold morning and the weather experts tell us the bitter cold Santa Ana winds are suppose to subside this morning. Sure hope so - has been a wicked two days quite frankly.

Stay warm everyone and continue to eat well - warmed over, cold or otherwise.

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

It is beastly outside today. We planned to leave for the South but decided to wait till tomorrow, Windy, raining, very cold, possible ice. Just not good for travel.

Like you, Winifred, we have been eating on our ham. I froze the last of it in individual packages. Saved the ham bone too for later bean soup.

Had dinner out last night with old friends. We always meet over Christmas and exchange gifts. We live in the same neighborhood and go to Florida at the same time. They are about an hour away from us on the beach.

Have many things yet to do before we leave. Packing up Christmas things, cleaning out the frig, etc. All takes time.

Best to all, enjoy the day.