Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your kitchen for June 2016

That meatloaf sounds lovely.

I normally eat very little meat, but I wanted some pot roast. I made a riff on "Yaka Mein"--a New Orleans Chinese-American dish of noodles, stewed beef and garnishes.

I did this in one of those pressure multiocookers like the Nesco or Cooks Essential.

1 chuck roast (2.5 lb)

olive oil

one chopped onion

Cajun Seasoning (I use Tony Cachere's, big box in grocery store)

beef bouillion cube

water

spaghetti

green onions chopped

hard boiled eggs, 1/2 per serving.

Brown the meat on the browning setting, add in the onion, seasoning and cube and about 1 1/2 c water, then cook on high pressure for 25 min. Let pressure release. Add some more water and about 1/3 to 1/2 box of spaghetti (I break it in half) and close up again, cook for 5-7 min. To serve, shred or cut the roast, put spagehtti in a soup bowl, add plenty of meat, some broth and garnish with soy sauce, green onion, half a hard boiled egg and pass around some sriracha sauce.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Campion, I MUST try that recipe - sounds right up my alley!!! Yes indeed!! I use a slow cooker for most meals and have for a very long time. A lot easier for this old lady. Need to check out what you were using - not sure I have heard about it. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again.

Mousiegirl, seafood? Still cannot get into those swimming critters. I remember for many years as a kid I had to take Cod Liver Oil - detested that stuff. I believe a lot of what we eat is what we were raised on. There was NEVER fish in my home. Interesting however in that my grandmother use to fix those things (after my grandfather passed away and she moved to New Orleans)  with the claws, cannot think of the name, and my daughter would take great delight in having dinner with her - NOT me.  Now I remember Lobsters. Yuck! My daughter grew up to love fish and on paydays I would always buy her a can of sardines but she had to eat them outside - she loved them. She did eat Shrimp with her grandfather however - they use to fight over shrimp.  When we lived in New Orleans and ate at friends homes who had cookouts they always had to fix one burger for me - everyone else ate those smelly crawfish - have never forgotten that they were cooked in the big washtubs outside and boy howdy did they stink.

Dinner tonight - soooooooo hot. Ricky is back home so he and his little sister always eat well - Shannon, their grandma IS HERE - whoopie - so have no clue what she wants to eat as she said a few minutes ago that it was so hot she was not real hungry. Me? May fix an avocado sandwich - I do love those things.

Hope one and all had a good day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for good morning gif

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a live link to outside website

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Campion, I MUST try that recipe - sounds right up my alley!!! Yes indeed!! I use a slow cooker for most meals and have for a very long time. A lot easier for this old lady. Need to check out what you were using - not sure I have heard about it. Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again.

Mousiegirl, seafood? Still cannot get into those swimming critters. I remember for many years as a kid I had to take Cod Liver Oil - detested that stuff. I believe a lot of what we eat is what we were raised on. There was NEVER fish in my home. Interesting however in that my grandmother use to fix those things (after my grandfather passed away and she moved to New Orleans)  with the claws, cannot think of the name, and my daughter would take great delight in having dinner with her - NOT me.  Now I remember Lobsters. Yuck! My daughter grew up to love fish and on paydays I would always buy her a can of sardines but she had to eat them outside - she loved them. She did eat Shrimp with her grandfather however - they use to fight over shrimp.  When we lived in New Orleans and ate at friends homes who had cookouts they always had to fix one burger for me - everyone else ate those smelly crawfish - have never forgotten that they were cooked in the big washtubs outside and boy howdy did they stink.

Dinner tonight - soooooooo hot. Ricky is back home so he and his little sister always eat well - Shannon, their grandma IS HERE - whoopie - so have no clue what she wants to eat as she said a few minutes ago that it was so hot she was not real hungry. Me? May fix an avocado sandwich - I do love those things.

Hope one and all had a good day.

@Winifred  LOL re Shannon.  I love lobster, prawns, crab, scallops, light sweet flavor, fresh tuna that is eaten practically raw, sushi which is raw, all seafood.  My Dad would fish off of the pier in SF and bring home live crabs and make ciopinno, he was a Chef, but first he would chase me and my Mother around the house with the crab legs wriggling. Fresh seafood has no odor, just smells fresh almost sweet.