Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Went to play games and cards about 1/2 away with friends. There were 8 of us. It was good time. Hostess had much, much food and snacks. Wasn't very hungry for dinner, just reheated some leftovers.

Today Nelson plays golf and I am taking some older friends to the movies. We are seeing "Joy". Think it is a feel good movie, which we all need.

Not sure about dinner yest.

Best to everyone, feel free to join in, we would love to have anyone join us.

Valued Contributor

That should have read 1/2 hour away. Otherwise, doesn't make sense. I should check what I type before I hit post.

Trusted Contributor

Soushi, did you know Joy is based on Joy Maganos story, the woman who first sold miracle mop on Q and now is on the southern channel selling a new version of the mop, huggable hangers fashion items, etc.    I want to see that movie too.  Supposed to be humorous as well as rags to riches

Respected Contributor

Cleaned out the Fridge - gathered up everything I could find. Finished up the
Fettuccine, broccoli and I added some chicken nuggets so it was somewhat of a balanced meal. Also had vinegared Cukes - love those things. Guess I will have to start over tomorrow on the cooking routine. May come up with a meal of veggies - I do that some times as while I do love my meat, there are times I really get tired of it

Betty I have no desire to see the movie Joy but am aware it was based on the  gal who sold those great hangers on the Q many moons past and also that marvelous mop. I still have some of those hangers - some have broken through the years - that was a L O N G time ago. The Mop is also great but now you can find similar mops for a lot cheaper. I always enjoyed her on the Q and did see her a couple times on the channel down South.

A nice day today but the morning was quite windy. When it gets dark it sure gets frigid - and really fast.

Sleep well everyone!!

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Yes, the movie give a lot of background on QVC and marketing. Will always think of this movie from  now on after viewing the movie. Gives you a new on the show and behind the scenes. It was a good show and Joy really, really preserved against incredible odds.

Came home and fixed a tuna sandwich, apple for Nelson. I had yogurt with granola and dried cranberries. Not much of a meal.

Started the day here with rain but will be in the 70's. Looks sunny right now. Still having clean up stories in the local paper of the tornadoes that hit around us.

Best to all, enjoy the day.

Respected Contributor

Morning All, well I'm doing a @Winifred today, got some good looking beef shanks on sale, browned & in the crockpot with the usual mushroom soup/onion soup, I'm not as creative as Winifred, but hope it turns out well, think I'll make some mashed as a go with, & have a head of cauliflower to roast 

Right now we're getting snow, haven't had the news on so don't know how much they're predicting, think I'll stay in

Take Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spix that meat will be delicious - I will pass on the mushrooms but it sure sounds good. There is so much you can do with roasts and chicken breasts - sure can doctor them up. Am trying to figure out what for dinner tomorrow - was going to fix a veggie dinner tonight but Tessa and the little ones are gone and it is just Davey and I - he loves those )((*^& frozen dinners so that is what he had. I fixed myself a raisin/cinnamon bagel with cream cheese. Well it is filling. Guess it is a good time for me to toss a roast in the slow cooker for tomorrow - just need to think what to do with it maybe I should put some Paul Newman roasted garlic balsamic vinegar in with the roast - that would be good. Still have a lot of baby carrots - love those things - and can cook them separately and also some potatoes of some kind or another. Of course will toss a sweet onion in with the meat but not the carrots this time.

Stay warm everyone - I am getting tired and while it is early I suspect it will be early to bed for this old woman.

Feel soooo good - took my driving test and got 100. Yippee. Was worried about it as with my full house have just not studied enough but it worked out great. I hate it as California started this stupid thing that when you hit 70 every 5 years you must take a written test AGAIN. WEll while some of us old coots have some driving problems trust me when I say the biggest problems out here on the roads are much younger!!!!!

Honored Contributor