Valued Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Good Morning all,

Had my morning coffee, read the paper, and had my cookies to dunk so I'm ready to start the day.

Still cooler here, in the 60's but sunny, I am looking at a banana tree outside the bay window. Wonder if it will produce any fruit? Looks, to my untrained eye, to have flowers so it just might happen.

No cooking here yesterday. Light breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and out for a birthday dinner with friends. We will be out for early dinner tonight with friends so, again, no cooking. My frig is full so must start eating at home...I'll think about it tomorrow. (Scarlett)

Hope all is well and you enjoy the day.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

10603463_1103727276314014_1699422165605712251_n.png

Respected Contributor

Have a pork roast in the slow cooker and collards on the stove - will probably also fix some buttered noodles - well it sounds good to me. Also will have some cukes in vinegar - very very good.

Just finished filling the bird feeders so that is done and the feathered ones should be happy - course it will not be long before dark. LOL.

Hope all are eating well and that you have a great evening.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

I love your post, preds. So cute!

Went to see "The Revelant" movie with friends then dinner out last night. Oh, we must be out of the loop. Just didn't understand all the awards. Yes, acting was superb but there wasn't much of a story. And the movie just was so long. Scenery was beautiful but it didn't make up for one misery after another. How much can one man survive?

Had chicken picata last night, very good. And perfectly cooked broccoli. Not over or under cooked. Just right!

Yesterday was windy but warm. Today in the 70's and the sun is shinning. Not sure what we will do. Were going to Tampa to meet friends but they cancelled due to car trouble. We will do it another time.

I did do some cooking yesterday, well, not real  cooking. I made tuna salad and heaped in on top of salad. Had Ritz crackers with it. Was just right for a light lunch.

Best to all, enjoy the day.

Respected Contributor

Morning, quite chilly here, @Soushi24 hope you're enjoying that Florida weather sounds good to me

Will take out some pork chops for dinner tonite or maybe ground beef for tacos, decisions, decisions, lol, I think I'm just tired of cooking but then @Winifred gets me going again

Well down to the freezer, Take Care

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Preds I sure hope to have a good last day of the weekend - will be heading to church in a couple hours - always a good time.

Well I didn't do cooking last night other than to clean out the Fridge with some left over pork roast and a couple other things I found. Guess I have to start over tonight - am thinking about Pasta fettuccine with a salad. Easy to do and always good. Do I want garlic bread with this? I do not need it but the kids love garlic bread with most anything. LOL.

Suppose to be real nice today - yesterday was nice. That does not mean the nights are not still very very cold. Hopefully today Ricky can get out in the back yard - after we police it thoroughly as that is also Conrad's yard. Smiley LOLHeart

Have a good day one and all. Soushi, you are way too quiet down there in Florida!!! Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Afternoon,

Was plenty of excitement around here around 3 am but we slept through it all. This house is very soundly built with windows that block out the sound. We did not hear a thing but tornadoes touched down around us. Sadly, 2 killed and 4 injured. Much damage at Siesta Key and Duwett.

Out last night at a clubhouse where friends are staying. It was Mid-West night. Good food and dancing with door prizes.

Today is sunny but windy  in the mid 60's. Nelson is going golfing tomorrow. His breathing is up and down. Wish we knew how to make it easier for him.

Enjoy the day.