Valued Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Morning all,

Sorry about the cold and snow. I don't wish you up North any bad weather. But guess we  knew it had to come sometime. Keep warm.

Love the looks of that lemon bread. Looks awesome. Your meal would be very welcome on a Sunday afternoon. We had leftovers for dinner. Always seems there is carry out boxes in the frig. So cleaned them out last night.

I did just bake cookies for DH. He loves them with his coffee in the morning. But confession, they were the kind that you find in the dairy department. You break them apart and bake them. Have to say, they weren't too bad.

Think it will be burgers for dinner at the local pub. They have $5 hamburgers that are huge and comes with all the fixings.

Best to all.

Respected Contributor

Some good cooking going on around here. That lemon cake looks very very good.

No leftovers in the Fridge yesterday so fixed a roast with baby carrots and chopped onions, also had some mashed potatoes and cabbage as go withs - worked out very well.

All that rain that was suppose to continue seems to have deserted us - now no rain scheduled for a few more days. So we have not had any rain since Thursday - I believe - and no more due for several days yet. What happened to El Nina? Actually we did have way too much rain when it did rain but we could use a lot more, much slower so it will sink in and not wash off. Going to be another cold day but perhaps 10 degrees warmer than what we have been having.

Hey, you people in Florida, enjoy your weather!! My Sis and BIL are there for three months and the BIL is in heaven. My Sis does NOT like to leave her grown family back in Michigan. BIL, however, is thrilled for peace and quiet and things done just for themselves. Interesting.

Have a good day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Too darn cold here with gusty winds.  Goes right through your clothing.  Thank goodness the ice didn't stick in the highways. I have a haircut scheduled at noon.

I had some crusty spots on my face that she sprayed stuff on to remove. Silver nitrate. They weren't dangerous but itched like crazy.  I thought they would be gone by now but instead have these big black spots where i don't want them.  This will be a week tomorrow.   Be gone!

i think chili is in order for tonight but am out of hamburger.  Guess I'll need to stop at the store on my way home from hair cut

Respected Contributor

Morning, cold here today but need to head to Sams for gas & whatever.

Tonite will be pork ribs w/sauerkraut & potatoes, yum, good meal for this cold weather & I like it's all put together then in the oven, no last minute things to do.

Going to try that meyer lemon cake mix, will pick it up next time I shop, don't think Sams will have it but I'll check.

Take Care

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Spix, I haven't been able to get gas at Sam's for several months. So disappointing but do not have an hour or so to get in line. Through all the years they have been in the area, when I go to Sam's I get gas. For the past couple months that has been impossible as out gas prices are dropping and it seems everyone now is going there. Every single time I have been there the line is almost to the street - have never seen anything like it. Another very cold morning here in Sou Cal. Brrrr. Again, no rain, so all the predictions of rain every day has left us already. Have had no rain fall since last Friday. Of course I went out and got sand bags and it has only rained one day since then. Sigh.

Last night pizza for dinner - Tessa actually fixed it. Wow!!!!Today have my annual physical, need to stop by and pick up a scrip for my inhalers and this afternoon, Sears is suppose to be here to fix my stove. The part  arrived two weeks ago - SEars has really changed. Makes no sense they rarely carry parts with them any more and if they did not have it use to have a huge repair building up by their store and so they would pick up the part and install it the next day. That building is now closed so everything comes in the mail. Been here, like I said for two weeks and I have to wait! Makes no sense whatsoever to me quite frankly.

We have enough roast in the fridge for dinner tonight so will warm that up and fix some veggies as go withs.

Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Was in San Bernardino and went by Sam's - almost had a stroke. NO CARS in line anywhere. So got my gas and then I saw why there were no long lines. Gas was only about 8 cents less a gallon than elsewhere. When our prices were dropping - Sam's was 20 to 30 cents a gallon cheaper. Not so now but then Sam's never has been good when prices are spiraling - they often are higher than the general public. At any rate, still filled up while there.

Warmed up the leftover roast and carrots, then had some of the potato salad left and then fixed broccoli . Went over well - I do believe ALL the leftovers are now gone - sure hope so. Will now sit for a spell to see if anyone decides to clean up. Hmn.Stay tuned.

Stay warm everyone!!

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

12548854_648563818618327_3103433445796243755_n.jpg

Honored Contributor