Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Am actually cooking dinner tonight - no warm ups, etc. Have chicken breasts in the slow cooker with of course a sweet onion and covered with peppered gravy. Yummy. Will have baked potato, sweet corn and cukes in vinegar.

Yesterday and today have been evil personified - as far as the weather goes. Cold, and fierce rains. Had to go and buy some sandbags to put in front of my carport - have not had to do that in quite a few years. We desperately need water out here but this is too much - flash flooding going steady somewhere from yesterday and predicted through the next week - along with more rain of varying degrees. Pretty darn bad.So much of the dead greenery and dirt are just washing off. Boo Hoo.

Stopped at the GREAT veggie stand who grow ALL of their own fruit and veggies and got some hot house tomatoes, whew, was getting desperate about my tomatoes as I will NOT buy them in grocery stores this time of year, and also got navel oranges, collards and 4 huge avocados - they have the BIG ones, not those stupid little things that are prevalent out here.

Sitting out in fierce rain at the high school waiting for Davey is the pits - but I remember to take my two newspapers and daily crossword puzzle. These idiot parents in this weather just stop in the middle of the street, block all traffic and they feel they have a right to do so. I think I am going to call the school tomorrow - it is stupid. Yes, I know we have no school buses and yes I know we have no city buses and yes I know someone has to pick up kids but let's use our heads a bit. Geesh!!!

Hope all had a good day.

Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter says she will be home Friday, and has requested a pot of vegetable soup made with our canned deer meat.   

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Red Top, sure hope you got that soup made!!!!

Been so very cold and so wet out here in Sou Cal and more expected tomorrow. The experts say NO RAIN today - that is good - but it sure is cold - and then the rain starts back tomorrow. We need the water but difficult to handle so much at one time - cannot soak into this ground made of clay where I live. Had to put sand bags down on Wednesday leading into my carport.

Had errands  - again!! - yesterday so Davey and I stopped by Denny's and grabbed something to eat. Today I plan to make potato salad - have the potatoes already cooked but just did not feel up to fixing it last night. As I often say, sure heck to get old. Have a bit of chicken from two nights ago still in the Fridge so will have that and something else - should work just fine.

Always appreciate your greetings Preds - we do thank you!!!!

Stay warm and dry everyone.

Trusted Contributor

934062_646386998836009_7769969894507741560_n.jpg

Valued Contributor

Good Morning all including Red Top,

Glad to see you Red Top, stop by often. Doesn't have to be about cooking, anything goes.

Home for dinner last night, I used the last of the rotisserie chicken to make a soup. Sliced up a big apple and that was it. It was cool and cloudy here so soup was good. Today is looking much better. already sunny.

Not sure about tonight. Will see.

Best to all, enjoy the day.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Love this, Preds.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

flbettyboop, I cracked up when I saw the pix of Happy Friday Face -  loved it,

Did have my leftovers yesterday and did get the potato salad made - very good combo.

Hey, it is freezing AGAIN. Sure wish Spring would hurry up - but then we normally do not have a Spring, we go from Winter into Summer. LOL.