Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Well I just tried to correct something and deleted everything I wrote. Grrrr. A transformer caught on fire at a nearby power plant - that facility was a very small one and very old - never thought much about it as it was so small. Outage, however, covered three cities. Guess we learned old and small but sure carried a lot of clout. LOL.

Got out of cooking dinner again - Don brought over a huge pizza. He works for the school district and they periodically have pizzas for lunch - he always brings one as he says there are always too many. Perhaps I should ask if taxpayers money pays for their monthly pizza lunches. Smiley LOL Needless to say Davey was happy with that.

Speaking of David, he has Saturday school - ordered  by the assistant principal, not me. He was late to 6 different classes this week - two classes for three days each - how dumb can he be? He needs it as his work is not good either. He also had his cell phone taken away as in one class he was playing games on it instead of working. He has not had phone service for some months and still was not bright enough to leave the phone in his pocket - now he does not have that. I wish he had a phone because even without service he can be contacted via WiFi as that is everywhere and Facebook is used - only text however.

Very chilly this morning - we were suppose to have rain last night - so far once again, nothing. Yesterday was very very nice - low 70s but still not real warm unless you were sitting in the sun.

Trusted Contributor

"WHERE'S PREDS?   LOL

BOOP

Respected Contributor

Every now and then Preds does a disappearing act on  us. Come on back Preds - we need your pictures - they are always so very good.

I have another night of no cooking - still a lot of pizza left from the BIG one Don brought over last night. Again only the two of us here - so weird.

Tomorrow I promise I WILL cook a decent meal.Have been leaning towards using the WOK, have a few pieces of balogna left and there are always veggies to toss in with it.

Hope all have a great evening.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Sorry kiddos.  I've got a nasty cold and have been spending a lot of time at the hospital with my dad.  Just haven't felt like posting.  Thanks for missing me.Smiley Happy

Winifred... my dad loves fried bologna, but it has to have cheese and not veggies with it.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Preds I do hope your Dad will be ok - and you too. Nothing more miserable than a miserable cold!! Feel better quickly. I too love fried Bologna sandwiches - with mayo. Only have a bit left so thought chopping it and putting it in the WOK may work -may not work either so will know this evening. LOL. And it's okay not to post - I sometimes let several days go by.

Trusted Contributor

Preds, you are missed.  Thanks for the beautiful Betty Boop.  You see, I am spoiled.  LOL

Sorry to hear you are under the weather and family in the hospital.  Boop

Trusted Contributor

12650877_655741714567204_8675886107201487138_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

As I often do, last night I did not fix what I thought I would. No WOK or Bologna. Got my trusty slow cooker out, tossed in a boneless roast with an onion and baby carrots. Fixed pasta - with just butter - as a go with had a salad also. Very good.

Did not sleep well or very much  - am really dragging.

I need to make sure I stay awake so I can get Davey to school.

Have a good day everyone. Love both pictures to start the day.