Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Happy Birthday, Fredddie.  I wish you a very special day.

Valued Contributor

Sending you Birthday Wishes, Winifred!

Going to be 73 today and 70 tomorrow. Weather bounces around as much as the stock market.

local pub last night for $5 hamburger and one side, a good deal plus the burgers are great!

Not a clue what will be for dinner.

Respected Contributor

sorry if I missed it @Winifred, but Happy-B-day, hope you had fun

Out to lunch today with old friends, a place I've never been to, but seems like everyone loves, maybe it's me but I didn't think it was anything special

Have a Marie Callendar pot pie in the oven, really do like them, easy supper

take care

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thank you one and all for the nice BD wishes - most appreciated.

Had chicken breasts with a sweet onion of course AND the Paul Newman roasted garlic balsamic vinegar - very tasty. Also had fried cabbage and mashed taters. Only a couple small pieces of the chicken left. Amazing how the kids love the fried veggies - that cabbage went quickly.

Have a load of clothes in the washer - while it is still COLD the sun is expected so will hang them out. That is getting harder to do  - like lifting the basket full of wet clothes, LOL - but will give it a whirl. Sure saves a bundle on the electric bill.

Davey and I will be at war in a while as I must wake him early - he did NOT change the cat boxes nor did he take the trash containers out to the street. Had a meeting today with all his teachers and counselor at school - same attitude there as here - not sure what the solution will be. Last thing I said to him before I went to bed was get it done. I crashed early as I was exhausted. Not a good night last night as I kept waking up due to several reasons.

Now they say Sat, Sun and Mon we will have rain. We shall see as last four rains predicted never showed up. Darn it anyway.

Hope all will have a great day!!

Trusted Contributor

12645245_654525801355462_7387236978598594200_n.jpg

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Was a rainy day, yesterday. But I enjoyed it. Nice to be settled in. Went out for Mexican last night. Had Chili Renella which is stuffed peppers. Good.

Looking like another day of the same weather. Just glad to be away from snow and cold.

Nothing special today. Winifred, anything special for your birthday? Preds, can't thank you enough for your great pictures. Spix, you inspire me with your volunteering at the airport.

Best to all and have a wonderful day.

Trusted Contributor

Soushi, Merle is in Amelia Island.    He said he was comfortable with his jacket on.   He has seminars to attend so haven't heard from him yet today.   I imagine he is in air conditioned rooms.     It is a very pretty place. Just too far north.   

Respected Contributor

Nope, nothing special for my BD - we and a zillion others had no electricity for a spell but did find a Farmer Boys open nearby - everything else could not cook.

And no cooking today/tonight. Hope all had a great day and that you also ate super well.

Valued Contributor

Morning all!

Winifred, sorry about the electricity. What happened, or do you know. We have gas stove at home so that isn't a problem. Also have gas fireplaces.

Yock, I have always wanted to go to Amelia Island. Someday, maybe, I hope. Weather is very sunny today but cool. We have some errands to run. Had the best ever Chinese last night at our favorite spot. I know, I should be cooking.

Take care all, enjoy the day, look for the positive.