Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in your 2016 New Y ear???

Gosh, Bev. That sounds pretty scary.  I'm glad you and Nelson are safe.   Hope that weather gets settled down.    My daughter is in San Diego on a business trip and it is in the 60s during the day.  She didn't say what night time was.   

It's very windy here with wind chill warnings.  We are getting some snow flurries sometimes heavy.   Merle has to go back to Valpo area so hope the highways stay clear.  This will be a good chili night.  

Respected Contributor

Had Fettuccine Alfredo, salad and garlic bread - tasted good to one and all.

Hope all ate well today and had a super day on top of the good eating.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Had a fun girlie day with friends. Long lunch at Sak's in the mall, expensive but enjoyable. Bought a pair of shoes, some French , and sales at William and Sonoma.

Dinner was leftover ribs from the night before with warmed up baked . Tonight I'm cooking for everyone here. Making the the chicken and stuffing casserole, green beans with bacon and onion, salad, brownies with caramel swirl, and butter pecan ice cream.

Hope everyone is doing well, enjoy the day.

Respected Contributor

Guess I had best cook tonight. May fix some chicken breasts - can always find a way to doctor them up in the slow cooker. Am really beginning to get tired of planning and cooking a lot. It has become a lot of work - getting old carries more of an impact on us physically than I believe any of us think of - until the impact hits that is.

Have Davey up and moving - somewhat. Yesterday was no school and after three days away from school, he woke up very easily. LOL.

Have a good day everyone. Soushi, I thought that was a vacation you and DH are on. You sure are working hard - cooking for everyone?

Trusted Contributor

Bev, put a plate full in a box and ship it. Sounds like my kind of dinner.   We sure hit Florida at wrong time.  It would still be a ways to go I guess.   

Respected Contributor

OK, I did do chicken breasts with baby carrots - used Italian dressing poured over them - slow cooker of course. Also had seasoned curly fries and buttered broccoli - very good dinner. Now I am ready to collapse.

It did rain a bit earlier and got colder - again. Sigh.

Soushi, would you send that food to Betty before me? Just asking.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

5436_651299681678074_6604247177844282769_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Preds you always find such great greetings. flbettyboop, you also have some really cute pictures to share. :Me? Would not be able to find a thing. What can I say?

What for dinner tonight - some scrapings still in the Fridge but I think some others are going for pizza and whatever - heard that at any rate. Friend of the kids is here and also their Mom and one of her friends. Guess somewhere between them someone has some $$. Me? Am sitting here with the itty bitty one - She has the greatest smile and giggles one would ever want to hear? Am I a prejudiced great great grandma? You bet I am but it is also true!!!

Hope all ate well today - still have some work to do around the house. Sigh.

Sleep well everyone.