Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in this February of 2018?

@Pooky1wrote:

mousiegirl she was given pain meds but she said they dont even dull the pain.

@Pooky1  I would be asking for something stronger.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1I do hope Maria begins to feel better - and quickly. Constant pain must be a horrible thing to endure. I have been blessed as I have never had to endure this but remember well my Mother who suffered from it. A painful thing just to watch someone go thru it.

Still freezing here although the numbers say it is warmer than it has been for a couple of day. Got to prove it to me!!! This house is an iceberg and I turned the heater on almost an hour ago. Thank goodness for my OLD and TRUSTY Slanket. A lifesaver indeed. It is probably called something else these days but when they first came out I bought several - my BIL still uses his and loves it. Course they are now in Florida for still another month or so - their home is in Michigan.

Got some running around to do - AGAIN - and then I hope to get some of this house cleaned up.

Dinner tonight? Have no clue at this point. MY cooking desires are also cutting back a bit - the old energy level is just not a steady thing these days. But never fear, I always come up with something good - my opinion that is. Still desperately trying to get Davey to cut back. He is so overweight and eats any and everything in sight - mostly when I am asleep. Have not come up with a solution. Do know, however, Many snacks are no longer available - have even caught him eating the kids snacks. Well their snacks are pricey and not for a 17 year old. Grrrrr.

Stay warm everyone and pooky1, my thoughts are with you and Maria.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifredwrote:

@Pooky1I do hope Maria begins to feel better - and quickly. Constant pain must be a horrible thing to endure. I have been blessed as I have never had to endure this but remember well my Mother who suffered from it. A painful thing just to watch someone go thru it.

Still freezing here although the numbers say it is warmer than it has been for a couple of day. Got to prove it to me!!! This house is an iceberg and I turned the heater on almost an hour ago. Thank goodness for my OLD and TRUSTY Slanket. A lifesaver indeed. It is probably called something else these days but when they first came out I bought several - my BIL still uses his and loves it. Course they are now in Florida for still another month or so - their home is in Michigan.

Got some running around to do - AGAIN - and then I hope to get some of this house cleaned up.

Dinner tonight? Have no clue at this point. MY cooking desires are also cutting back a bit - the old energy level is just not a steady thing these days. But never fear, I always come up with something good - my opinion that is. Still desperately trying to get Davey to cut back. He is so overweight and eats any and everything in sight - mostly when I am asleep. Have not come up with a solution. Do know, however, Many snacks are no longer available - have even caught him eating the kids snacks. Well their snacks are pricey and not for a 17 year old. Grrrrr.

Stay warm everyone and pooky1, my thoughts are with you and Maria.

@Winifred  It seems Davey needs an eating disorder therapist.  It probably began due to depression, though sounds as if he is doing better, but once the habit of overeating is begun, it is a lifetime issue unless addressed, but you probably realize this. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Last night, I cubed leftover roast pork added seasoning and chicken stock, and cooked on low until they became carnitas, then into a grilled tortilla with cheese, and guacamole on top.  Costco has the sweetest, juiciest, sweet onions now, they can be eaten raw, so good, so am using them frequently as when the heat comes, they will be more pungent.

Today is horribly windy, hate wind, though sunny, and still very cold.  It's just as well as it is keeping me inside to finish cleaning after Christmas, as if it were warm, I would be outside all day and the heck with the cleaning, lol.

Honored Contributor

Cool temps & overcast with rain on the way. I'm going to make some beef vegetable soup with veggies from my garden.

Honored Contributor

At her request, I’ve been working on a project in trucker daughters bedroom for the last 2 days.   Rather than another night of leftovers, we ordered take out from Cracker Barrel.  

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. cold down here again.  rain to snow and ended with a little snow on grass.doctors office called today to tell ria shes scheduled to have stent taken out next friday. she said you cant get me in any sooner than that. im in massive pain. they said no there all booked up. unreal.   we had left over pasta with pork and peanutbutter sauce. other day i made zucini parm. hope all has a great reat of week and weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1wrote:

good evening everyone. cold down here again.  rain to snow and ended with a little snow on grass.doctors office called today to tell ria shes scheduled to have stent taken out next friday. she said you cant get me in any sooner than that. im in massive pain. they said no there all booked up. unreal.   we had left over pasta with pork and peanutbutter sauce. other day i made zucini parm. hope all has a great reat of week and weekend.

@Pooky1  I am wondering if Maria could have the stent removed in the ER since she is having so much pain, as it sounds like an emergency to me.  Doctors really should make exceptions, and when a patient is in so much pain, they must, in my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Had Sloppy Joe's the other night - first time in a zillion years. Had enough left over to have it again last night - tasted just as good. Must have been 30 or 40 years since I have had a Sloppy Joe. Time sure got by me on this one. So very good. Tonight? Well of course I have no clue but suspect it may be a roast with all the trimmings. Such an easy meal to prepare when you have a slow cooker - yes indeed.

Mornings still frigid here in Sou Cal but yesterday it was better later on. Must say as cold as it has been the days are gorgeous. Great sunshine - which is not warm this time of year. LOL - and snow sprinkled on the mountains around us. Now my brother and his family live up in Running Springs - they are loaded with snow and super cold. We should get up in the 50s today. Oh well, better than the 40s for sure.

As much as I love my church there are some times I just do not want to get ready for it. Never have stayed home due to that but occasionally I sure think about it. If I did that I think it would not be a good thine.

Hope one and all have a great Sunday.

Honored Contributor

Southern WV is soppy wet today, so I think chili and grilled cheese sandwiches will be on our supper table today.    Husband and I have been home alone all weekend, so there’s no need to cook a full meal.   

The cooking starts again tomorrow when trucker daughter gets home.