Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in this February of 2018?

Saturday night, I fixed a pot of mussels with saffron heavy cream,  garlic, and spinach, and last night, I cooked rib eyes on the Webber getting a wonderful charred coating, along with salad and a baked potato with the potato part of mine, with butter, sour cream and chives, and I just kept the skin of mine, the best part. Smiley Happy

Much cooler weather, though sunny.  Continuing to put Christmas away, today removed ornaments from the kitchen tree and packed them.

Watching some of the Olympics, only the events that I like.

Have a great week.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. last night ria made pasta with tomatoes fresh basil and heavy cream. really good. hope everyone has a great day.

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks Pred for the Valentine wishes. Same back at you!!!!

Honored Contributor

Last night were steak tacos, leftover steak form Sunday dinner, with refried black beans, not as good as pinto, but all I had were cans of black beans, and made guacamole from avocados I bought at Costco, not the yummy Haas, but these are fine, lighter than Haas, with sweet onions, no red onion on hand, and mixed it with Iceberg lettuce shreds, cheese on the beans for DH, lol.

DH finally found ham hocks at another market, so will make pea soup this week in slow cooker.  Tonight will probably be roasted pork shoulder, leftovers make great tacos once shredded, along with roasted potatoes and asparagus, sounds good on a cool, grey day as today is.

Respected Contributor

Happy Valentine's Day all you sweethearts.......

Tonight I am making dinner for BOYfriend and myself. Little pork tenderloins

sprinkled with salt, pepper and bouquet garni that I will sear and than steam for just a few minutes. Whipped sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, roasted asparagus and simple salad round out the meal with BF bringing desert.

Saturday night he is taking me to Jean Georges, a French restaurant in NYC, for dinner. 

Hope all have a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.. everyones food sounds great. maria is making for dinner pork stuffing zucinni  all in a cassorole. i made hersheys cupcakes with creamcheese frosting.she requsted them . her birthday is tomorrow. hope everyone had a great valntines day.

Trusted Contributor

Tonight it's stuffed peppers & cornbread topped with cheddar cheese.

I got a good deal on meat this week so I have pork chops, steak, and chicken thighs to use/freeze. Lots of veggies, too.! So, I'm poring over my cookbooks. Think I'll make chicken cheddar broccoli casserole one night...

Honored Contributor

Steak and salad for the two of us, with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert.   

Honored Contributor

I've been cooking out of a box meal kit for the last few weeks---been fun and the meals are pretty good. Not sure I will continue as you get many things that I already have on hand--kind of paying twice for things---and not a fan of so much packing but that has to be. But ingredients are top notch and love the included recipe cards.