Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in this February of 2018?

I just made beef chili with all the special spices and dark and light kidney beans.  I have enough for dinner along with several lunch or dinner leftovers.  I doubt that any will reach the freezer.  I'll serve it with garlic bread. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

We are in San Francisco and I don't know what to fix for dinner any day recently.  It may be winter but it seems this city has been experiencing climate change.  It was cold, as it should be, and all of a sudden it broke records and jumped up into the 70s.  Today it's supposed to get up to 76.

I had a veg sandwich for lunch, high fiber cereal for breakfast. 

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Excuse me for dipping into this thread.  It sounds like the hand of God was on Khelsea.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Khelsea has not had the surgery on her leg yet. The rod was put in deliberately PRIOR to surgery to straighten, shape, etc the leg before surgery. She was scheculed to have it done today but her lungs were full of musuc and some other problems - they have delayed the surgery for a couple more days to make sure she is a point to handle it - she was given a bronchoscopy today however to aid in that determination.

We had pizza tonight - I am stuffed for sure - taking Ricky to his session tomorrow. LOVE those pizzas you get at Aldi's - nothing better and the price makes it even better yet.

Another very warm day but it will be chilly tonight.. 

Hope all are eating well!!!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Khelsea has not had the surgery on her leg yet. The rod was put in deliberately PRIOR to surgery to straighten, shape, etc the leg before surgery. She was scheculed to have it done today but her lungs were full of musuc and some other problems - they have delayed the surgery for a couple more days to make sure she is a point to handle it - she was given a bronchoscopy today however to aid in that determination.

We had pizza tonight - I am stuffed for sure - taking Ricky to his session tomorrow. LOVE those pizzas you get at Aldi's - nothing better and the price makes it even better yet.

Another very warm day but it will be chilly tonight.. 

Hope all are eating well!!!

@Winifred  I don't know what kind of other surgery will be done, but inserting a rod in a leg is considered surgery as it is cutting into the body.  Unless you mean a rod was put on the outside of the leg before surgery to insert it into the bone.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. sending prayers to help khelseas recovery. good luck winifred with everything. today were exspecting some snow then going over to alot of rain. monday maria made a big pot of chicken noodle soup and las night she made friday.a mexican dish . both were really good.well shes got kidney stones again and it was only august that she delt with this. shes scheduled to go in for surgery next friday and pretesting this friday. shes so not looking forward to doing it all over again.hope everyone has a great day.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

good morning everyone. sending prayers to help khelseas recovery. good luck winifred with everything. today were exspecting some snow then going over to alot of rain. monday maria made a big pot of chicken noodle soup and las night she made friday.a mexican dish . both were really good.well shes got kidney stones again and it was only august that she delt with this. shes scheduled to go in for surgery next friday and pretesting this friday. shes so not looking forward to doing it all over again.hope everyone has a great day.

@Pooky1  Wishing Maria the best.  How could stones be back so soon, I wonder.

Honored Contributor

No exciting meals this week, bucatini one night, my green soup another, and last night I found cubes of Prime Rib leftover from Christmas in the freezer so made tacos with that and some Black Beauty pepper slices from the freezer, grow these specifically for steak tacos, and cheese for DH, I would never put cheese with steak except for Roquefort, but then he would eat cheese on everything if I let him.

Beautiful weather this week and more to come.  The tall weeds are calling my name, but I am still putting Christmas away.  Last year at this time, we were having tons of rain, but recently the new was hinting draught, which is becoming the norm here, whereas when I was growing up, we always had a long rainy season, never heard of a draught then.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My trucker girl is home after a 7 day run, so I fixed BBQ pork ribs, baked beans and potato salad for our supper.   Very tasty meal if I do say so myself.   

@Pooky1,

Sending best wishes to Maria as she deals with more kidney stones.   I assume these stones were inside a kidney and just dropped recently.   One of my brothers carried a big stone in one of his kidneys for over 2 years before it was broken into pieces and passed.   

Respected Contributor

Night before last fixed some spaghetti. The two little ones - Davey also - ate until they almost exploded - they all love that a lot. Last night had leftovers - no spaghetti however - and so the Fridge is once again empty. Tonight? Not sure but not feeling like going gung ho but we will eat well. Always manage to do that.

Took the little ones to see their Mommy yesterday - Both had a good time. Ricky, as usual, when he gets really tired is difficult to deal with - bless him and I do. Children old enough to understand being apart from their Mommies often have problems. Thought sure he would fall asleep on the way home but he did not. The little girl was getting a tad grouchy also. Yesterday also was a bit chilly but no complaints, the drive to and from was super easy. And there are not many drives like that on our Freeways out here these days. Not bad at all.

Headed to church shortly - morning passing by too quickly. Did not sleep real well so slept in - guess Nature often has it's own way in dealing with those thing. Need to get a move on.

Have a great day one and all.