Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in September- already?

Hi Soushi24!

Yes, this is a GREAT recipe.  I have made it several times in the last few years.  It is so easy too and it  makes the house smell so yummy!  

I personally use Pecans, instead of Walnuts for I am allergic to Walnuts.

Anyone, who has not tried this...It is a must if you are a Pumpkin lover.

Soushi24 thanks for sharing this wonderful easy recipe.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy wednesday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recipe Soushi - it sure looks good. Believe it or not I have never made anything with pumpkin in it - not even a pie. Sure have eaten a lot of pumpkin food but never fixed anything. Maybe it is about time I did it.

Had fried cabbage with cornbread last night - very very good and not one ounce left. Did have some pickled beets as go withs - good meal. Yes, there were some beets left. Neither Davey nor Shannon will eat them - their loss.

Have a great day everyone - we had a bit of rain yesterday. Heavenly. Not much but it was nice. I do not think Ricky knew what it was.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thursday funny pics

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Last night was Lasagna with garlic bread - very very good and quite filling. We also had a tad more "rain" as a go with. Wow!!!! Two days in a row. Also got the bird feeders all filled - that is good. Have very little seed left so I guess I need to go and buy some more. That stuff sure has gotten pricey. I remember when I could buy 3- 20 pound bags at Kmart for $10 - those days long long gone and it was not that many years back. Sigh. What a racket. It also was good seed - some is filled with a lot of junk that was not.

Hope one and all have a very good day - we are heading back up to 100 plus for the weekend. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Last night was Lasagna with garlic bread - very very good and quite filling. We also had a tad more "rain" as a go with. Wow!!!! Two days in a row. Also got the bird feeders all filled - that is good. Have very little seed left so I guess I need to go and buy some more. That stuff sure has gotten pricey. I remember when I could buy 3- 20 pound bags at Kmart for $10 - those days long long gone and it was not that many years back. Sigh. What a racket. It also was good seed - some is filled with a lot of junk that was not.

Hope one and all have a very good day - we are heading back up to 100 plus for the weekend. Sigh.

@Winifred  Haven't had that in so long!!  Sounds wonderful!  

Valued Contributor

Making this right now, got it from a highschool class mate:

Betty Clark's Apple Pie

Apples for one pie, peeled and sliced

3/4 to 1 Cup Sugar

2 Tbsp Flour

1 teas. cinnamon

pinch nutmeg

Mix all ingred together and put into an unbaked pie crust. Pour 1/2 Cup Cream(half & half, evaporated milk) over the top.

Crumb Topping: 1/2 Cup Sugar, 3/4 Cup Flour. 1/3 Cup Butter. Blend with pasty blender or in food processor. Put this over the top of the pie and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes

Respected Contributor

Another easy meal tonight. Stir Fry veggies and I added pork sausage links cut up, peas and ginger and garlic seasonings. Davey added hot sauce to his. Say what!!!!

Suppose to have added cut up chicken, decided the pork sausage was something new to try - very very good by the way.

Thanks Soushi - as usual you always add very good things for us to try and it always works.

Hope one and all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for Finally Friday

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday gifs