Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in September- already?

Had yet another Stir Fry last night for dinner - completely different than than the night before - and even better. It was woofed up quickly. Had a great tasty sauce on it. Yummy. Now here I am wondering what to fix tonight. May toss a roast in the slow cooker - that is always a winner and sure easy to cook. Days of standing over a stove for hours are long gone. Love my slow cooker.

Eat well today people!!

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of Pumpkin but I do love these cookies that DH makes.

Just thought I'd share this since I don't post recipes or discuss what we are having but I did post this on the Halloween thread on CC. 

PUMPKIN COOKIES

1 cup sugar

1 cup soften butter

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 cup of pumpkin (canned)

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp salt

3 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar.  Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Drop tsp. full on greased cookie sheet.  Bake 375 - approx. 12 mins.

Icing -

3 cups powdered sugar

1-2 Tbsp. milk (eye ball this one)

1/3 cup melted butter

1 tsp vanilla

Mix. Coat and enjoy.  Let cookies cool first and store the rest in the fridge. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recipe Preds - looks good to me - in fact will try it.

Did fix the roast in my slow cooker with fresh green beans, onion and baby carrots. Baked potatoes and that was that - very good!!!!! Dad and younger sister were here so all ate well. Ricky did NOT get a nap today and he is a small monster. Lola - David's young sister - was NO help in the matter as she kept egging him on. Grrrr.  Shortly will put him to bed and hopefully he will crash. A bit early for him and have held back trying to keep him awake until I hoped he would sleep all night. LOL.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for good sunday morning images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Dinner - which started about 3  our time - was the following - at least it was available at that time - each on their own to get what they wanted. Available was: bowl of cut fruit, Caesar salad with or without croutons - their choice - deviled eggs, chicken tenders AND ice tea. Not much of anything left - on second thought perhaps nothing left. LOL.

Worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not get any chicken but did eat the salad and fruit - of course with salt and pepper on the fruit - only way to eat cantaloupe, watermelon and the honey dew melon.

Hope one and all had a great day. Hot here today.

Trusted Contributor

Whatever happened to the concept of 'in consideration of the cook' when taking food to fix one's plate?  Some of everything you prepared should have been left for you to say yea or nay to eating!!!!  Oh, you sweet lady-- Winifred, I wish you had help.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Dinner - which started about 3  our time - was the following - at least it was available at that time - each on their own to get what they wanted. Available was: bowl of cut fruit, Caesar salad with or without croutons - their choice - deviled eggs, chicken tenders AND ice tea. Not much of anything left - on second thought perhaps nothing left. LOL.

Worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not get any chicken but did eat the salad and fruit - of course with salt and pepper on the fruit - only way to eat cantaloupe, watermelon and the honey dew melon.

Hope one and all had a great day. Hot here today.

@Winifred  You have to learn to nibble as you cook so that you will get to eat what you cook. Smiley Happy   Salt and pepper on sweet fruit, no way, lol!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy monday images

Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl, have several friends who became addicted to salt on fruit. Not ALL fruit, but some. Salt and pepper on the melons EXCEPT watermelon - and that is only salt. Try it, you will love it. Grew up in the south and that is the way it was done back in my era. Grandparents had a well house my grandfather built. When he built the house he built a cement  seat all around it. That was the watermelon eating place - the entire family sat out there to eat it - with salt shakers available. And I am NOT a salt person - never use it in my cooking but sure put it on the watermelon. LOl. What can I say.Would not put it on peaches, pears, pineapple and the like although I do know people who put it on their apples.

My Mother was always a nibbler when cooking and so when her meals were prepared, she had already eaten. LOL. Never have forgotten that. I do not taste my food before it is eaten - have been lucky as I am a good cook.

Going to be somewhere around 105 today. After all, it is September and typical weather for this time of year out here. But the cold will show up suddenly so still have to have my heater checked and the pilot light lit.

Have a good day one and all and no, have no clue what is for dinner - something simple. Still have a tad of that delicious roast in the Fridge so may try and use that up and fix something as a go with. Again, have a great day and eat well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifred wrote:

Mousiegirl, have several friends who became addicted to salt on fruit. Not ALL fruit, but some. Salt and pepper on the melons EXCEPT watermelon - and that is only salt. Try it, you will love it. Grew up in the south and that is the way it was done back in my era. Grandparents had a well house my grandfather built. When he built the house he built a cement  seat all around it. That was the watermelon eating place - the entire family sat out there to eat it - with salt shakers available. And I am NOT a salt person - never use it in my cooking but sure put it on the watermelon. LOl. What can I say.Would not put it on peaches, pears, pineapple and the like although I do know people who put it on their apples.

My Mother was always a nibbler when cooking and so when her meals were prepared, she had already eaten. LOL. Never have forgotten that. I do not taste my food before it is eaten - have been lucky as I am a good cook.

Going to be somewhere around 105 today. After all, it is September and typical weather for this time of year out here. But the cold will show up suddenly so still have to have my heater checked and the pilot light lit.

Have a good day one and all and no, have no clue what is for dinner - something simple. Still have a tad of that delicious roast in the Fridge so may try and use that up and fix something as a go with. Again, have a great day and eat well.

@Winifred  Love the idea of a watermelon eating place, I was practically weaned on it. Smiley Happy  I am a salt addict, but never on fruit.

I am the same as your Mother, by the time the meal is cooked, I am pretty full from nibbling, lol, and I always get the best nibbles, especially the pan drippings from roasted chicken and charcoal grilled steak, sopped up with crusty French bread.

We are finally have hot weather, been in the 90's for over a week now, but dry heat so it is bearable.