Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in May 2020?

What a nice neighbor I have. He came over and gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. He said he just wanted to make sure I knew people were thinking about me. How nice can that be. WOW.

This is one of those rare days that no one is here except me and two cats - I LOVED it.

Hope all had a great day and Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms.

Respected Contributor

My DD came over with the dog, with the virus haven't seen or hugged her since Jan. I do talk to her everyday she lives 13 miles from me. I was excited to see her and we got take out from a local Italian resturant which we found out will be open tomorrow for dine in. I was afraid they would be out of business with the virus. Yes tomorrow some resturants will be open for dine in but still scared to do that, also some hairdressers & barbers too but I feel maybe too early for that. We exchanged cookbooks (not that I will cook most of it) but maybe get some ideas & I love reading cookbooks. 

Honored Contributor

No major cooking going on in my kitchen right now.   My girls have been out of the house for 5 days, so I have taken advantage of free time and stayed out of the kitchen as much as possible!   

Respected Contributor

Not much cooking yesterday - Did make some boxed stuff which was horrible. Guess that will teach me.

Groceries are sure getting pricey. I have noticed it every time I have to buy something. Terrible for sure. Will try and impress those who stop by to grab a bite to eat. 

Had to have something changed on my water heater. Darn it, always something but only cost $120 - not bad at all. 

Yesterday I went and got the scan waiting for me. Went better than ever. Parking placed right by the door of the hospital - they wheeled me in to the area in a wheel chair. That went fast, then got wheeled back to the yellow line outside. MY car was parked right beside it. Told them it was better now than when things are behaving regular around there.  Next week I get to chat with the doctor - only on the phone. Makes NO sense to me at all.

Another cool day on tap. YES!! For a week it was so stifling hot - this feels good as I know what is coming on a daily basis.

Have a good day everyone

Frequent Contributor

I had another real lazy day ... lol .... seems like I've been having many of those type of days ... especially since now I ony have to cook for myself, I can do anything I want ... lol

I so lazy that I didn't want to pull out my 6 qt slow cooker, I already had my 4 qt on the counter that I used to make my pea soup in.  I had a nice size boston butt, it was a tight fit ... lol ... but I made it work ... lol  Just seasoned the meat and let it cook.  After it was done, there was a nice amount of juices from the meat, I pulled the meat out, it just fell apart ... yummmmmm ....... then I cut up a head of cabbage that had to be used, so I just wedged it and let that cook in the juices.

Since I'm now living alone, I don't mind if I eating left overs .. I just re-invent the protien I'm eating ... cook once and make many different meals out of it.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. sunny and kind of cool in the 50s. maria made this week mashed potatoes and in another pan she cooked ground hamberger added gravy and frozem vegtables and meat mixture was put over mashed potatoes. very good and we got leftovers. today she made hassel back pizza potatoes and a salad allso very good. hope everyone is doing well.

Respected Contributor

To me, leftovers are often the meal at its best. I use to always try and cook enough for a second meal. Did not always work but often it did.

Yesterday it was cold, today chilly and rest of the week similar to today. Nest week a tad warmer but at least not near the 100s as we had this past week - it was horrible. JUst not ready for that stuff yet.

Fried some chicken breasts smothered  with red peppers (not the hot kind) and sliced eggplant. Very good.

Shortly will take a bath and hit the sack so to speak - my MOther's term for going to bed. LOL

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Meatloaf, oven roasted potatoes, and deviled eggs for our meal today.   

Respected Contributor

Pouring rain & very chilly here. Not complaining because I know soon the miserable heat & humidity will be here. Fixed blt sandwiches (heavy on the bacon for DH) & chicken noodle soup. Will brave the chill for ice cream & chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Everyone stay safe and healthy!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I let a lot of days go by without stopping by. Shame on me for sure.Getting old and failing health are NOT a good combo.

Suppose to be a bit cold tonight and tomorrow really cold then the warmer weather is suppose to return. Not sure I am ready for the real warm weather these days.

Brought  a pizza home - I was NOT in the mood to cook. So if they are hungry - have too many people here tonight and I really do not like that under the circumstances we are having to deal with these days, they just do not listen. So if they want to eat, they can fix it. Shame on me but that is the way it is.

Hope all had a great day.