Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in June 2018 - almost let it get by me - - - - -

@Danky  This is the set of two one smaller 

Chicken Rack Roaster,BBQ Carbon Stainless Steel Vertical Meat Poultry Chicken Turkey Roaster Fit for Big Green Egg and Any 

Honored Contributor

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and peas for dinner tonight.   Intended to make this dinner for trucker daughter, but she had to cut her break short this time.    

Honored Contributor

Finally, some sun, but still windy.  I am potting today.

Last night, I had two steaks that DH bought at Costco a few days ago, so had to cook them.  I decided to try them in the air fryer.  They were so juicy.  I made DH sandwiches on toasted rolls slathered with a butter Roquefort cheese mix, mayo on one side mix on the other, per request, for dinner and a salad on the side, he loved them.

My pups were staying very close to my legs, lol, having smelled the meat cooking, so I gave them the outer too cooked edges, almost lose a finger every time I give them treats, vicious little beasties, lol.

I still prefer steak on the webber or pan fried, as though the air fryer gives somewhat of a crust, more crust the longer it is cooked, but we like steak rare, so pan fried or webber, the steaks always have a wonderful dark crust.  

I bought Wolfgang's assistant's air fryer book when I bought the fryer, but need more ideas so bought Meredith's, the Bluejean Chef, two air fryer books on amazon, a bit excessive, I know.

Respected Contributor

DBF stopped by earlier and brought Pizza Hut.......I've not had it in years.

I pulled out a bottle of wine and threw together a tossed salad and we spent late afternoon and early evening out on the patio stuffing ourselves and soaking up the wonderful sunshine. We even managed to demolish a pint of Carmel Cone Haagen Daz and a bag of Tate's chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow I have to do a little sprucing up.....I promised some friends that I would accompany the DH to a charity dinner dance in NYC since the DW is out of town on business until next week. Should be fun......

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. everything you just mentioned sounds awesome. great weather down this way. for dinner leftover pizza and ria made a salad for me and her. i made my own honey mustard dressing and ria used light itailian and light ranch dressing mixed on her salad. hope everyone has a great night.

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

DBF stopped by earlier and brought Pizza Hut.......I've not had it in years.

I pulled out a bottle of wine and threw together a tossed salad and we spent late afternoon and early evening out on the patio stuffing ourselves and soaking up the wonderful sunshine. We even managed to demolish a pint of Carmel Cone Haagen Daz and a bag of Tate's chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow I have to do a little sprucing up.....I promised some friends that I would accompany the DH to a charity dinner dance in NYC since the DW is out of town on business until next week. Should be fun......

@Danky  Sounds great, and the ice cream sounds decadent. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Today was a super busy day. Had roast, corn, peas, green beans and potatoes all in my slow cooker - very very good.

Yesterday went to my pulmonary MD to get results of the bronchoscopy - am getting a bit irritated with all this - AGAIN - they have no answers for me so I will be getting yet another bronchoscopy in a couple of weeks. My pulmonary MD is having another MD do the procedure. I just want answers.

WE have a fire by the Freeway a couple days ago - I live two blocks from the Freeway - fires terrify me quite frankly and they are beginning to pop up. Another one going like crazy - still burning - also at the freeway but about a mile down the road. Smoke is very thick and it stinks. Also CHP was chasing a car - this too happens way too often. Sure wish our old California would return.

Picking up the kids tomorrow about noon - and then we shall see who survives.

Hope all had a great day

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Today was a super busy day. Had roast, corn, peas, green beans and potatoes all in my slow cooker - very very good.

Yesterday went to my pulmonary MD to get results of the bronchoscopy - am getting a bit irritated with all this - AGAIN - they have no answers for me so I will be getting yet another bronchoscopy in a couple of weeks. My pulmonary MD is having another MD do the procedure. I just want answers.

WE have a fire by the Freeway a couple days ago - I live two blocks from the Freeway - fires terrify me quite frankly and they are beginning to pop up. Another one going like crazy - still burning - also at the freeway but about a mile down the road. Smoke is very thick and it stinks. Also CHP was chasing a car - this too happens way too often. Sure wish our old California would return.

Picking up the kids tomorrow about noon - and then we shall see who survives.

Hope all had a great day

@Winifred  I suppose it wouldn't be doable to get to a hospital like Stanford or Mayo, as you seem to have been in the dark for too many years.

Honored Contributor

More wind today!  This has been a very windy month, eleven more days of Spring, and that had better be the end of the wind, lol.

I roasted another chicken in the air fryer last night, and discovered two keys to crispy chicken.  Use butter, Wolfgang is right.  The chicken roasts for the first thirty minutes breast side down, at which time it is flipped and goes for another thirty minutes, depending on size of chicken.

When I flipped, I removed all of the crispy skin and set it aside for cook's munchie, lol, my favorite part of the chicken, so that when it is finished, the breast side is very crispy, worked perfectly.

Tonight will be my Asian turkey patties, and with leftover meat, I will make little meatballs for the freezer, along with salad and garlic baguette, will also sprinkle cilantro on top of it, and lots of cilantro and garlic in the patties, etc.

Today will be a cooking day.  I made a pasta sauce, will make potato salad, and the patties, all time consuming, but it is too windy for outside work, did that the last two days.

I am beginning to wonder about my poor vege plants, such erratic weather for the little seedlings, will see what happens, but the patio veges I bought here are going storing, lots of little maters on two plants, a pepper on another, and lots of flowers on the eggplant, strawberries forming, blackberries ending, basil growing, basil is not fussy, will grow under many conditions.

Daylilies are beginning to bloom, Begonias leafing, one plant has a flower, bought from three different places so can't wait to see the new, so now it is weeding and keeping everything watered enough to live until late Fall when the cool weather arrives.

Enjoy your weekend. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables for us today.   

@Winifred,

I sincerely hope you get to the root of your lung issues soon.   My aunt has been sick with respiratory issues since September, back and forth to her doctor, many prescriptions.   A consult with a pulmonologist led to a bronchoscopy, which revealed a cyst in her lungs.   Two days after the procedure she was taken to ER unable to catch her breath, and a CT revealed multiple blood clots in her lungs that were not detected during the procedure.   My aunt is being treated by a different pulmonologist now who says the clots are shrinking.  She continues to have breathing issues, and is back on steroids, recovering from bronchitis, which seems to be triggered by allergies.  This has been a 9 month ordeal so far, and it’s not resolved yet. My best wishes to you.