Respected Contributor

What's Cooking in June 2018 - almost let it get by me - - - - -

Posted in May and it dawned on me a few hours later, I was a year behind - it is now June. Welcome aboard everyone!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in June 2018 - almost let it get by me - - - - -

its ok winifred me forgive you. its hot and very humid down here but should be better by sunday. i dont no how you deal with califoria weather. leftover chinese food over rice for dinner. i went grocery shopping this morning to 2 different stores. got alot of flowers for outside marked down today . soon i will take an ice cold shower before bed. all cold water no hot. maria tells me i dont know how you do it. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Contributor

First I made tacos for one of my sons, then I made gluten free pasta, and fresh garlic gluten freee bread for my dh, then my other son came unexpectedly for a visit...I didn't have the strength to feed him and his gf after working all day. I gave him a gift card to a local italian restaurant. They had a good meal of seafood and pasta. Everyone happy! Tomorrow my son is taking me to my favorite resaurant. 

Respected Contributor

Last night dinnertime was a joke. About 3 p.m. picket up a Kids Meal at Del Taco - soft taco with NO MEAN, ONLY veggies - for Ricky. David got something or the other. About 5 I asked BOTH OF THEM if I fixed something light for dinner to be around 7 would they eat. Of course. I knew I would as I had not done the Taco thing for me. Had bought a slice of ham - years back use to fix that all the time and it has been a very long time since I have - it was yummy. Had broccoli and red skinned potatoes as a go with. Result? Neither Davey or Ricky ate one mouthful of anything - I did however. Do not think I will do that again. Geesh!!

Hot one - in a few short hours we are headed to see Tessa - Leah is not going this trip - last weekend I only took Leah, this weekend it is Ricky. Have not had a ton of energy so the one child is it for now. Suspect I will not go next weekend and then the next weekend will get back to taking both little ones. Ricky has been super good but this morning he is in a yelling and screaming mode - I cannot stand that.

Hope all have a great day - dinner tonight? I have an already prepared meal in the Fridge so that will work out fine.

Eat well everyone.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. after a very hot sticky day yestauday this morning is bright and sunny and heat and humidity is gone now it should be like 70 today. last night was leftover mexican and still really good. everyones food sounds very good. glad to see everyone is eating well.have  great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. after a very hot sticky day yestauday this morning is bright and sunny and heat and humidity is gone now it should be like 70 today. last night was leftover mexican and still really good. everyones food sounds very good. glad to see everyone is eating well.have  great day everyone.

@Pooky1-----although we are about 200 miles apart, my weather is comparable to yours. Perfect for me as heat/humidity are not my friends !

I was running around all day so picked up a lobster roll and summer corn chowder from Panera for dinner plus sweet tea from McDonalds.

Since tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and damp, I will start making some meat sauce for pasta and split pea soup early in the day. I am also hoping that I will be motivated to clean/organize the pantry room. When an order arrives from online ordering, I just put the box in there and now I am in a 

M-E-S-S .......

I had something for lunch yesterday that I haven't had in years ( simply because I forget about it )........canned deviled ham on white bread with grey poupon mustard..DELICIOUS 

ETA---- in the interest of full disclosure, a chocolate frosted brownie, or two, also made their way into my Panera order !

Respected Contributor

@Winifred------tell us about the ham slice.....bone in ? thick ham steak ?

how do you prepare it ? You've put me in the mood.......

Respected Contributor

Danky that slice of ham is prepackagednd is usually found in the meat secion that already has pre-packaged meats. but some butchers will still cut one - I never had them do that . it is about 1'4 inch thick, perhaps a tad more and has the little small round bond in the middle - almost nothing but ham. I fry mine - in my trusty iron frying pan that is I cook it slow then turn the heat up to brown it a bit. As kids we use to eat it all the time. Very inexpensive meal and the slice is enough for at least four people unless of course they all are like my great grand Davey. And your go withs can be anything ssat all - have never had a bad piece of ham that way. Super good! Hope you try it.

Hotter than  you know what out here today. Am NOT ready for this humidity - like i keep saying, ahhhhhhhhhhhh for the days of California DRY heat.Boo Hoo, like a lot of things, I guess it is gone.

Went to Aldi's and  picked up one of their monster pizzas - so very good and so very cheap. a  20 inch Supreme pizza for a smidge over $7 - and the best you will ever eat. Sure a cheap dinner.

Respected Contributor

I'm new to this thread but have been reading it. My DH & I are retired but I really don't cook too much anymore. Winifred, I do try easy fast dinners when I do cook. The ham you made I call it a ham steak. Most times they are on sale I pick up a few & freeze them. Since 2 of us leftovers are wonderful, ham & eggs, ham mixed in with pasta salad or mac & cheese. I use non stick pan with water & little sugar til boil then put in the ham steak so it will be moist. You can do so much with it. I live in Az. and know all about heat, we are getting an Aldi's but they haven't broke ground yet. I can't wait, googled it and I am excited to go. Think it may be a year & 1/2 til it's finished. 

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone and welcome sissel. we allways welcome new people. the more the merryer. very chilly this morning and exspecting alot of rain today. the garden will apprecate it.yestauday anna sent up pasta meatballs sausage oven roasted potatoes and ribs. all very good,  and last night for snack crackers and pepperoni and the end of the chocolate creme pie maria made friday.dany we have panara near us but have never trted it. they just opened a dairy queen but havnt gone there yet either. tonights dinner will be a pepperoni pizza and a side salad. hope everyone has a great week.