Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in July - already July???

@Winifred wrote:

Went to the store and loaded up on frozen meals. LOL. I use to keep them here as DAVEY could never get enough to eat. He has been back a couple days and cleaned me out. Had a chat with him and told him that had to stop. Drank 6 Gatorade's yesterday - that is plain dumb. He has lost weight which was great for him - do not want to see him put it plus more back on. Too hot to cook so the frozen dinners will come in handy.

I do not have central air - my parents were always going to put it in but never did, sure wish they had done that. But I have an AC in the kitchen, the air is NOT cold and it is on high. Give me a break!!! The very large unit in the living room is doing a so so job. I am sitting here in my bedroom with the little one in her crib and it ain't doing so well either. These units will usually freeze you out - not so the past few days.

At any rate, everyone now knows what is for dinner in this household - they have a choice of frozen meals.

Stay cool everyone. Soushi, your friends will be such a strong support for you - hang in there girl - I know you will. But to be selfish we sure like to see you stop by.

@Winifred  Don't buy the Gatoraid, then he will be forced to drink water which is much better for him and no calories.  I bought an infuser pitcher here to flavor water with fruit of choice, so that would give him some flavor but still no calories.  I never had any juice or sodas of any kind in the house as I don't drink them so DD didn't either.  To this day, she still drinks nonfat milk and water. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I fixed the salmon differently than I had planned.  I slathered Dijon mustard over it, then topped it with chopped walnuts because that is the nut I had in the frig, along with panko bread crumbs mixed with a bit of melted butter, then baked it.  It was very good, but filling, think it was the nuts.  Instead of the topping, I served avocado and arugula with fresh lemon juice and salt all smooshed together. 

Respected Contributor

Already stopped before getting Gatorade. Got some a few weeks back but he was not here and they lasted super well. I was hoping he had stopped this as the people he was with had very little of anything. He started right back up and I am not happy with him as his Mother screams at me. Food everywhere, dishes, and so it goes. Very disappointed. Thanks for your suggestion - have thought about getting one of those things and at the same time I wonder if he will tear it up and leave a mess everywhere - am thinking about it.

Trusted Contributor

13716025_10207443773915723_2365684889861217445_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl I took off right away to Redlands and Target - the $19.99 Fusion Pitcher was gone - of course - so got one for $29.99 a tad fancier and did not need that but I have it. Now I am trying to figure it out. Give an old lady something new she has no clue about, it can surely get complicated. Again, thanks for the idea - of course got some fruit also.

flbettyboop, I so agree with your contribution - getting old just is no fun is it? And for sure the mind and body rarely work together.

Another hot day today but NOTHING like what we have been having - I think 5 to 10 degrees less - I will take it.

Had a great roast, cooked with the dried Onions made by French which I love and sliced carrots cooked in the slow cooker - what else? Had mashed taters as a go with. Even today however - meaning now and the past couple hours, cannot get this house cooled down however. That is so strange as normally we can shut the ACs off not later than 7, open the windows and it is heavenly. Not so.

Hope one and all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy monday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Image result for happy monday images

WEll now, that's a kissable little face, if I've ever seen one!! It just begs for a kiss.

Valued Contributor

Afternoon all,

We had rain, blessings of rain, so badly needed last night. We might, just might, get some more later today.

I slept throught the storm last night. Guess we had thunder and lighting according to my daughter.

Need to do some housekeeping today. Just never in the mood lately.

I did cut up some tired lemons and frozen them in ice cube trays. Suppose to be good to drink warm lemon water in the morning first thing. I always forget as I'm anxious for my coffee.

Honored Contributor

Last night was beef patties, caesar salad, and sliced tomatoes.  Tonight will be leftovers from another meal.

Trusted Contributor

we saw the lightening in the sky but just a few drops fell,  Soushi.   They keep telling us  tomorrow will be better until tomorrow gets here and then it will be the next tomorrow.  I feel sorry for the lawn and bushes.  I can keep hanging  baskets going but sure can't pour water on lawn.   As far as cooking, forget it.  Had a wonderful peanut butter and tomato sandwich for lunch and chicken salad for dinner   Easy clean up. Lol.