Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in July - already July???

Image result for happy tuesday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Speaking of blue, I made blueberry cobbler out of the Vitamix book a few days ago.  Not bad for my first try.  It's edible so yay me.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Speaking of blue, I made blueberry cobbler out of the Vitamix book a few days ago.  Not bad for my first try.  It's edible so yay me.  Smiley Happy

@Laura14  Try google, you will see more cobblers than you know what to do with, and easy, I am all for easy these days. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14  Try google, you will see more cobblers than you know what to do with, and easy, I am all for easy these days. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Really?  Thanks!  I'll do it!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I've been making blackberry cobblers for the past three/four weeks.  DH has them growing behind his work and has been bringing them home.  Some are in the freezer and the rest we've been eating.  I lost my recipe but found one that is almost the same. I think it was Ree Drummods from the Food Network.  Not her personal one.  She used a full stick of butter in her book recipe but I use a half stick.  I do use a lot of butter  on the dish so maybe that's the difference.  LOL 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I LOVE Blackberry Cobbler. Many years ago, my big brother, Charlie, and I would set out through the woods for blackberries. In those days no one had you arrested - you were more than welcome to go and find them. Mother would give us each a sandwich and off we would go. Never see them any more. Course that was in North Carolina primarily during WWII and right after and now it is California - hotter than you know what. I remember my youth with great happiness and pride ' We did  not have much but it was a happy time although I had many off to war and lost my 27 year old army pilot Uncle in 1943. Sad time for a kid but you come thru it marvelously due to great parenting.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

I've been making blackberry cobblers for the past three/four weeks.  DH has them growing behind his work and has been bringing them home.  Some are in the freezer and the rest we've been eating.  I lost my recipe but found one that is almost the same. I think it was Ree Drummods from the Food Network.  Not her personal one.  She used a full stick of butter in her book recipe but I use a half stick.  I do use a lot of butter  on the dish so maybe that's the difference.  LOL 

@Preds  My blackberry plants bear in Spring and again in late Summer/Fall, and I would just stuff my face, literally, lol, right from the b--sh, until there were so many, and then I put them in a Lock & Lock, got two large containers a week apart, and had them for breakfast every day.  Now, my raspberry plants are blooming, but won't get many this year as they are very young.

Ree loves butter. Smiley Happy  I don't use it much, but in baking, it is necessary.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy wednesday

Honored Contributor

Last night I decided to try my new Le Creuset grill pan,K44525 .  I had leftover bar-b-que sauce from grilling chicken breasts a week ago, so decided to try this pan, and would you believe, the chicken breasts looked better than on the webber.  The grids keeping it elevated helped in keeping it juicy, I think, and it still got a nice crust, so am keeping the pan, wasn't sure I would, and two zucchini cut from the plant as a side.

Tonight, DH will eat leftover spaghetti as he is coming home late, and I will eat lightly, no cooking.

Respected Contributor

Davey, the tiny one and myself ate out tonight. Still frightening HOT - so hard to breathe. Tomorrow I am on my 4th straight day of cutting back on electricity. Have not done it today or yesterday and will have a hard time tomorrow. Well today I did have things shut off when we went out to eat - that should help - I hope???

Davey had a chili size burger with onion rings and I had a WOK dish, lots of veggies covered with a great terisake sauce. I know the sauce is probably not spelled right but the spell checker here cannot seem to spell it either. LOL.