Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in July - already July???

Image result for happy sunday morning

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy august images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Last night, I cut seven long white eggplant, Gretel, as a side for pork tenderloin and roasted new potatoes.  This eggplant is more like a zucchini.  It gets soft very quickly, though zucchini takes longer, the end result is the same, so I have to saute on higher heat, then cover, for a bit, otherwise the slices turn to mush.

I also learned to soak the slices in salted water as they quickly turn brown, very ugly.  It has a good flavor.  I drizzled red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, forgot the parsley, and salt and pepper over them when on the plate.  I often use a vinaigrette on purple grilled eggplant slices, with herbs, garlic, and balsamic vinegar, which I eat on either french bread or lightly toasted french bread.  DD makes paninis with it which she learned at a local deli, and adds mozzarella.