Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in August of 2019

@Daysdee wrote:

It's just me here and I make my own pasta sauce and freeze a lot of it.  If I don't know what to make I can always get a container of the sauce out and cook pasta or zoodles with just a little pasta.  Easy dinner.

@Daysdee   Yes, pasta sauces and soups in the Winter are crucial to my existence, lol, some days just can't bear to think of cooking after a loing day in the garden.

Respected Contributor

I'm with you Pooky1, always great to see new "faces" here. I can say that as I am one of the originals - I think I may be the only one left - hope not!

I actually HAD THREE meals today. Oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch was a Gyro sandwich - had never had one before. The go-with was fruit.. And do  not laugh for early dinner had a great grill cheese sandwich with a bowl of fruit. No cooking today but still have some leftovers in the Fridgefrom a couple of great meals.

Another hot and sticky day here in Sou Cal. Sigh.

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop 

Your pie reminded me of one I used to make years ago. It used jello instead of the koolaid. Not sure if there was sweetened condensed milk either.  It was a fluffy, creamy fruity pie.  It was so easy, why did I quit making it? !  

Respected Contributor

Too hot to spend much time in the kitchen huh? Well it has been for me but still have managed to fix something every night this past week except perhaps two. Couple of the meals were sandwiches with fruit or something but I have eaten. Last night I did NOT feel up to eating anything but know I should (every now and then I use my brain) and fixed a Marie CAlendar's Sweet 'n Sour Frozen dinner - very good and I ate it all. Yeah!

This morning I actually had the stamina to clean up my wash room. Thank goodness it is small but it sure can get messy.That is where I keep my containers of cat food and I guess I am a slob on occasions - what a mess. Anyway, got some junk things out to the trash and cleaned the floor. Yeah!

Now dinner tonight? Do not have a clue will fix something however. as I must. I finished my last radiation treatment yesterday and I am so happy about that. Am hoping I eventually find a bit more energy. We shall see.

Have a great day everyone and eat well.

Respected Contributor

Today will have hamburgers on the grill,french fries and three bean salad.Have a great week-end everyone!!

Honored Contributor