Respected Contributor

What's Cooking in August of 2019

Mercy me, a friend asked me why wasn't the thread changed. Well, to tell the truth, that is not what she really said. But here we go. Now if someone else has started it I could not find it.'

Stay cool everyone and eat well 

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in August of 2019

[ Edited ]

@Winifred   When I didn't see a thread I thought about starting one for the group.  Then it hit me that I don't cook that often Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I haven’t cooked anything yet this month, but both girls are home for the weekend, so I am planning to make the stuffed pepper casserole tonight with garlic bread, and bbq pork ribs on Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Winifred   When I didn't see a thread I thought about starting one for the group.  Then it hit me that I don't cook that often Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama   I started one once, but then someone else started another, LOL, so I decided not to start one again, sooner or later someone would.

Honored Contributor

Last night was pork tacos with salsa verde for DH, and pork nachos for me.  I cut the pork ribeyes into chunks and fry quickly in my homemade seasoning, then top the bean and cheese nachos with them and lots of sriracha for me, none for DH.  tonight, who knows, will think of something, maybe potstickers.

I am about to begin processing some basil from the garden, most are not large enough.  It seems it is taking longer than usual for the plants to grow, am about to plant more seeds.

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz ......the ribs posted on July's thread looked WONDERFUL . Your grill is so clean and you could give Corky's a run for their money. 

Honored Contributor

Last night was corn on the cob, fried chicken, and sliced tomatoes.

Tonight will be leftover pasta for DH, nachos for me.

Beautiful weather.  I have been potting new daylilies that I ordered online, more to come this week.  Every year I say I will not buy more, but they are so gorgeous and such a bang for the buck, I can never resist.  I try to buy those that will bloom as different times of the year and have a lot of buds so that I get a lot blooms all year, basically.

I hope everyone enjoys the week.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone.  winifred. i havnt been on here in a few days and totally forgot about the beginning of a new month. right now its cloudy and muggy. maria has had an eye problem for allmost 2 weeks now.and she has been to our eye doctor 4 times in under 2 weeks and sunday her eye was really bothering her so i said call the eye doctor and she got answering service sh told them what the 

problem was and eye doctor on call called her right back at 430 in the evening and told her i will meet you at the office at 515. everyone that herd that said wow you have a great eye doctor.and he told her if it starts bothering you again even if its at midnight just call and i will meet you at office.yestauday maria cooked brachetta pasta. it has basil and tomatoes from garden chicken grated parm cheese and seasonings and 2 pounds of pasta. it was awesome. and today she made a burger mixture. she cooked ground hamberger with diced tomato and mustart relish and cheddar cheese put it in a wrap and i made french fries allso very good. hope everyone has a great day.

Super Contributor

Tonight for dinner I made pot roast. It is a little warm but I and the kids were so in the mood and my handy crockpot came into play. Potatoes, carrots and onions rounded out the one pot meal and there was virtually nothing left. 

Super Contributor

Tonight is fried shrimp with rice and broccoli. DH special request and shrimp is almost ready to fry. Desert is strawberries and real cream which the kids will love.