Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in April 2020?

Making salads with shredded Parmesan and hummus dressing.  Also dressed a slice of Casava bread with raspberry jam.  That was good too.  

Respected Contributor

@Winifred  Hope you are doing o.k. We miss you.

It is snowing here and it looks like a winter wonderland.Today is a good day to make a beef roast with potatoes and carrots.Will also have a garden salad to go with it.

Have a nice day all and take care.

Respected Contributor

Thank you Hellie. I am OK but am really dragging anchor so to speak - actually that is what my Mother would say. Not on top of the world, the quarantine has me stir crazy although I agree it is necessary. Am frustrated one cannot go to even their own doctor now, all on the phone or whatever. I have a scan coming up, the running around I have to do for the arrangements then get the scan but NEVER see my MD. He will call me on the phone to discuss the results of the scan.  Now that part makes NO sense at all to me because this would be one time a person would NEED to see their MD in person. Oh well, what can I say.

Not doing a lot of cooking - hard to stand up for more than a minute - LOL - and certainly not in to bending and carrying much either. I am managing to eat well however. Not always perhaps what I would normally eat, but am surviving. Actually have put on a pound or two - probably tied into all that cream cheese I am eating with the cinnamon/raisin bagels. LOL. Did have a good Fajita meal the other night - I bought it already packaged at Aldi's and it was super good and certainly easy to fix.

Was beginning to panic a bit yesterday - had ordered some Keurig coffee pods from sam's some weeks back - down to my last one yesterday and FedEx showed up with my coffee about 4 p.m.. Whew!!

Hope all are well

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. i havnt been on as much lately. computer has been quite often saying unable to connect to internet. and sometimes its fine. maria said we have had this one a long time so when qvc has a good deal on laptop computers its time to get one. winifred. glad to here your ok. somethings i make i do my food prep work sitting at table and if its something that i have to be close to stove like frying eggplant i will pull up a chair to stove. due to having multiple sclorosis. april 1 i have had it 18 years. i worked with it for 13 years and i have been on disability for 5 years.woke up today to some snow. its allready all melted. its the best kind of snow that doesnt stick around. we ate downstairs with anna. she made pasta, meatballs and sauce, potatoes and peppers mixed, rabbi,fried artichokes,italian bread and chicken wings. company that usually comes hasnt been coming because of corona virus. they came and picked up food. she gave it to them out on porch. other day i made cherry chip cupcakes with with frosting. all was very good. hope everyone has a great week and you all are doing well dealing with everything going on.

Honored Contributor

Pulled out ground turkey and I think I may go full on Italian and make some meatballs in homemade sauce.  I have so much Parmesan for my salads that I am thinking meatballs and maybe a pizza burger or pizza tacos could make my dinners this week.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your tips Pooky1 - just great. My computer is going nutso also - am trying to hang on to it as I am just way too old for a new one. LOL

Nice day today and by Friday of this week the experts now say it will be 90 or so. Hard to believe but this is Sou Cal and weather is never the same two days in a row. In June we normally dress our kids in layers as it is bitter cold when they leave home and by 10 r so in the morning sweaty hot. Oh yes

Tomorrow morning need to head to the small WM in Redlands for a few things. I much prefer the BIG Super WM in Beaumont but it has become difficult to handle - so very large and they have closed up one major set of cashiers and exit door. The virus had nothing to do with that - as they did it about a month or so before all this stuff hit. Way to hard to maneuver in that place now. Sad

Hope all had a great day!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday’s meal was roast chicken, oven fried potatoes, corn and cole slaw.   

Today the house is empty with just hubs and me, so it’s an easy meal of slaw dogs and fries.   

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. sunny and in the low 50s today and rain,wind,  and chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.today ria cooked pasta with beans that were in the freezer made from dry beans and we froze them.she adds to the beans butter,sait ,pepper,olive oil,a little milk cooks it like 15 minutes and mixed it with pasta. very kwik and easy and very good.hope everyone in doing well.

Respected Contributor

DH is making ribs on the grill and I am making potato salad.It is barely 40 here and cloudy,but dinner will be good.

Honored Contributor

Homemade beef bbq and onion rings for us tonight. Fridge has been emptied for trash day, and wiped clean. Pretty bare in there, no leftovers this week.