Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in April 2020?

good afternoon everyone. and thank you winifred for saying about moving my post and thank you vabreeze for moving it. i realized the day after i wrote it that a new month had started. hope everyone is doing well. anna cooked tortalinni sauce ,meatballs,potatoes and sweet potatoes, salad. and rabbi, then she put out grapes and chocolate. and yeatauday we finished leftovers we had.we use all free and clear laundry detergent. everyones sold out and i dont have much left. maria went to market to pick up pills so she checked and they and some packages allfree and clear 19 pods so she got 2 for anna and 4 for us. everything else we have ordered from walmart, stop and shop  and bjs. bright and sunny today and in the 50s.hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

Made french bread Thurs so we had a piece of french toast, pure maple syrup with bacon this morning. Yum!!!

I have Beef Stew in the pressure cooker right now.

Just got finished making some sausage gravy. DH wants some to take to work to eat for breakfast.

We have leftover baby back ribs from yesterday so we will have something for dinner the next several days.

Honored Contributor

I am baking almond bread and a cassava loaf this morning.  Substituted apple sauce in the almond bread to give it some sweetness and a more cakey feel for a dessert option.

I think I am also going to make some chicken cutlets with cassava breading and bake some sweet pototoes for my lunch throughout this week.  

Respected Contributor

Liver and onions with parsley fried potaoes and peas tonight.

I know people either love or hate liver and onions.I only make it a few times a year.

Have a good week all

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo 

I love liver and onions; beef, chicken or pork!

I was “encouraged” to eat liver as a  child, and since mom always steamed it until tender and there was a nice gravy, it wasn’t so bad.  Lots of mashed potatoes and peas helped it go down pretty easy!   I eat liver at least once a month.   

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. cool and cloudy down this end.we had leftover chicken pot pie ria made tuesday. she made 2 in temptations pie dishs.  i just made a yellow cake and made chocolate fudge frosting. i wanted to make whipped cream frosting but my mascapone cheese was no good.hope everyone is doing well.

Honored Contributor

Our supper was chicken fajitas.

Honored Contributor

Making roasted sweet potatoes, scrambled eggs, and probbaly going to mix it with broccoli and cauliflower to make a breakfast bowl.  

Totally discovered a pack of tortillas in my freezer that I thought I was completely out of so I think mini pizzas just made my foodie list.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Chicken and dumplings today.   

Respected Contributor

My DH was going to grill steak tonight but it was snowing and blowing so I made spaghetti with garlic bread and a salad,.

We can have the steak tomorrow when the weather is better.