Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in April 2020?

[ Edited ]

goodness  - it got really warm and humid today. Yikes. Not easy to get out in this mess with a mask, oxygen hose and move around - had to go to the store and I was worn out. I have never had to use the oxygen in hot weather - no fun at all - I sure do now. And to think it is only April. Yikes!

Shortly will head to bed - am tired. Davey chose a frozen dinner and he has a Gatorade and is happy - works for me too. I warmed up some of my turkey breast, mashed potatoes and buttered  baby carrots I fixed last night

Sleep well everyone!

Honored Contributor

Made homemade sweet potato hash and veggie omelets for a couple of meals prep.  Still hitting the salads hard.  May try and make my own dressings shortly.  We'll see.  

Honored Contributor

Italian parmesan cheese meatloaf and cassava apple muffins.  Baking fool today.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. partly sunny in the high 50s. yestauday ria made nacho chips baked with shreded cheddar, creamy cheddar spread,chicpeas and sliced olives and today she made pasta with a sauce made with quite a bit of butter, diced canned tomatoes, chopped up carrots and celery. once it cooks and everything is tender she puts it in a food processer and processes it to smooth and it goes back on stove and she adds heavy creme and cooks it like 10 more minutes and puts it over pasta. its very good and nachos were to. hope everyone has a good safe week.

Honored Contributor

Hearty stuffed pepper soup on this cool, rainy day.   

Respected Contributor

Just got back here - computer went to shop Sat. morning. Have no clue what was wrong but it sure stopped working for the most part, I know, you did not even know I was gone. LOL

Last night fixed some chicken breasts with veggies and tossed some barbecue dressing on it right before ready to eat. Really good.

Horribly hot yesterday  - I was miserable. 96 degrees. Not ready for those temps and also muggy as all get out.

Hope all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Well the ribs I ate a week ago did me in.I bit into one and my front tooth is now gone.I had a root canal many years ago so I am not in pain.This is not considered an emergency so have to wait until June first to go to dentist.I am sure it won't be cheap.At least I am not going out and when I do I wear a mask LOL

Hope you are all well and having a good week.

Respected Contributor

Hellie, sorry to read about your tooth problem. Long time to wait to have it taken care of - times have changed for sure these days. Nothing more miserable  - to me anyway - then tooth problem. Had my share of them.

Hope I have the energy to fix something for dinner - getting very difficult these days. My health, the horrible heat all of a sudden and the masks which drive me insane are a bit much. Surely will come up with something.

Have a great day everyone

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. sorry hallie to here about our tooth issue. that happened to wife a few years ago. she broke the front tooth and she allso allready had a root canel allso so they couldnt do anything because she allready had a root canal so she had to get a fake tooth put in so good luck. today started off rainy but nice now its like 50 out. winifred. i cant imagin living on the weather rollacoaster you live in. your temps seem all over. im not in no hurry to see hot and humid weather come in.we had a warm winter but april has been cool for april. we didnt get snow in febuary,march or april. like a couple inches of snow a couple times in january but that was it. that was very unusual to go most of the winter with out snow. not that were complaining. today was leftovers. hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

A few nights ago, I made a traditional Costa Rican dish called gallo pinto. It's made with black beans, rice, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, onion, and a sauce called Lizano sauce. It takes two days to prepare because the black beans need to sit overnight, and the rice is best cooked a day in advance. 

It's so simple to prepare, and so delicious.Yum!😋

~~~All we need is LOVE💖