Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for a Happy New Year 2019- Wheeeee!!

[ Edited ]

@hellie jo wrote:

What a cutie! I love dogs and cats,but only have a dog now.She is the queen of the house.She was a rescue and had been through a lot,so of course she is spoiled.She is a mix,part Austrailian cattle dog and will " herd " you if you are in the fenced in back yard haha

@hellie jo  Yes, I knew someone whose purebred would do that, lol.  I have always had cats, dogs, and rabbits, but now just have the two small rescue pups.  I only had one dog, years ago, that was not a rescue, but everything else all of my life was.  I was in rescue for years, and many cats never left here as I would learn later that the cat was elderly and no one wanted an old animal, etc.

I hadn't intended to get another pet, especially a dog, but one fell into my lap and after two months, I told her that she needed a buddy, she was wearing me out, the girl terrier in the picture I posted yesterday, so adopted a male. 

He definitely has poodle in him, and maybe American Eskimo as he has long bloomers and a curled over the back tail with long hair.  If I don't brush him regularly, his fur turns into cords, but he doesn't have Puli in him, just the way poodle fur goes, I think, and he is always on his back feet jumping up, just can't help himself, though I have tried to train him not to do it, but it is in his genes, lol.DSCF7231.JPG.

Respected Contributor

your dogs are so adorable. i have had cats since i was 6. and when my parents bought there house when i was 8 we allways had dogs until maria and i moved in together back in 2000 and we allways had cats and over 7 years ago we got our dog. we have had rabbits.  cold down this end and tonight and all weekend is getting super cold. yestauday was my birthday and maria made homemade ravioli , and garlic rolls and yellow cupcakes and chocolate frosting. i made sauce and meatballs. everything was super good. and i was super full. hopoe everyone has a great week.

Respected Contributor

It's cold, in the twenties,with some snow on the ground. Looks more like winter now.Will be making stew with dumplings tonight.Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

your dogs are so adorable. i have had cats since i was 6. and when my parents bought there house when i was 8 we allways had dogs until maria and i moved in together back in 2000 and we allways had cats and over 7 years ago we got our dog. we have had rabbits.  cold down this end and tonight and all weekend is getting super cold. yestauday was my birthday and maria made homemade ravioli , and garlic rolls and yellow cupcakes and chocolate frosting. i made sauce and meatballs. everything was super good. and i was super full. hopoe everyone has a great week.

@Pooky1  My first pet was a kitten, and am a cat person first, always had several at a time, but have had, as I mentioned, dogs and rabbits for a good part of my life.  I used to get my cat fix at the barn where DD rode horses, while she rode, I snuggled with one of the cats.  I do very much miss having a cat, but with these two rambunctious pups, I don't dare, lol.

There is a grey cat that spends a lot of time on my property, but havn't seen it for a while.

Sounds as if you had a yummy birthday. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nothing exciting except that we are supposed to get some rain every day for the next nine days, will believe that when I see it.

I made a batch of cookie dough a week ago, and finally got around to making them today, and into the freezer, have already overdosed on them, LOL, feeling a little queasy.

I spent yesterday packing some Christmas decor, and am about to get at it again this afternoon for a while.  Winter days make me sleepy, so have to really push myself to do anything.

I bought a sirloin thick piece of meat to make beef and barley soup, but didn't get to it yet, so used some of the meat for steak tacos last night.  Leftover pesto broccoli pasta tonight for DH, maybe an apple for me, lol, no room or desire for food after eating the cookies.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sun and clouds today, will see at around 1:00 if it is warm enough for the pups to go out for a bit.

@hellie jo  Can you believe it, I found another tick in the girl's eyebrow yesterday, how I and the Vet missed that, I can't imagine.  I had to really tug to get it out, so now she has two bumps on her face, lol.  The nose bump is still pretty big, so I am working on it a bit to see if part of the tick is still in there, don't want a surgery.

Tonight, will be sausages for DH, buy them at Costco, with garlic bread and a mixed greens salad, I will eat the two latter, but no sausages for me.  I love the Evergood pineapple sausages I get at Costco, they are my "hot dogs," never buy the dogs any longer as I was disappointed too often.  The pineapple have a great skin that pops when bitten into, and get a wonderful caramelized skin due to the natural sugar in the pineapple, OR, I may cook the other half of the sirloin steak and put slices on top of the garlic bread as an open faced sandwich, it will be a surprise, lol.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirlTry not to get too ticked off, LOL  your food sounds good.Tonight I will make chicken wrapped in bacon and rice pilaf. Probably a salad also.No new snow here,just cold.

Honored Contributor

No cooking for me today; too many tasty leftovers in the fridge or freezer, homemade pizza, beans and cornbread, beef stew.   Trucker daughter made burritos for her and boyfriend.   

Respected Contributor

Good Monday morning everyone. Did not go to church yesterday, had a scratchy throat for several days. This COPD is for the birds - probably did it to myself as I was out in the b big shed on Friday digging through years of dust, cobwebs and just junk. I should have had a mask on and better yet should have had experts doing it. LOL.  The Pastor and his wife came by early afternoon yesterday to tell me I was missed and they brought some soup and yummy cinnamon roll. Can't do any better than that.

Weather is terrible here. Rain suppose to continue through the end of this week and colder than our normal. That dumpster I paid to have for an extra week does not have much in it as I was not able to get to the shed until Friday and not since then and with the weather like it is I doubt if I can get more done. The trash company could care less as I just lose the $$$. Oh well.

Did get some Orange chicken fixed for dinner last night along with a lot of good Stir Fry veggies. I love that combination of food - not only delicious but very healthy.

Stay warm everyone!

Respected Contributor

Making pork chops smothered in gravy,they are so tender they fall off the bone,and mashed potatoes. will have a vegtable also but,haven't decided what yet.Its very cold,16 degrees,no new snow.