Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for a Happy New Year 2019- Wheeeee!!

We had two solid days and nights of rain, has subsided now.

I told DH to buy two cups of broccoli florets, he came home with an enormous bag full, the guy can''t read, lol, so had to google for a recipe to use it, and found a broccoli pesto pasta recipe, now why didn't I think of that, probably made it many times before, so that will be tonight, and may fry some fish as a side.

Tomorrow will be either sausage pizza or pasta, will make both, lots of sauce for the freezer.

Off to the Vet tomorrow as my girl pup has a growth on her nose, hope it is only a tag and easily removable, I should be so lucky.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1  Hello. Happy Birthday to you.Your birthday is tomorrow but I wanted to tell you to have a great day now in case I wouldn't get a chance tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  Hope everything went ok today at the vets.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@hellie jo  Thank you, but I have a 3:00 appointment, three hours from now, West Coast here, but I will let you know. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@hellie jo wrote:

@hellie jo  Thank you, but I have a 3:00 appointment, three hours from now, West Coast here, but I will let you know. Smiley Happy

@hellie jo  It was a tick, as I suspected.  When I first noticed it, I tried pulling it out, but didn't see legs, and it was long and brown, not like any tick I have seen, so decided not to continue pulling it.  As soon as the tech saw it, she said it was a tick, and removed it.  apparently, I had pulled it out far enough so she just scraped it out. If I had seen legs, I would have kept pulling.  Oh well, she had an exam and is now good for another year unless something comes up.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  so glad it turned out ok.You are such a good fur baby mama.Our pets are so important.I call our Sadie fur face!

Respected Contributor

It's getting colder here,maybe some snow later. Hope so. Went out for dinner tonight at Logans Roadhouse, Love throwing the peanut shells on the floor!

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@mousiegirl  so glad it turned out ok.You are such a good fur baby mama.Our pets are so important.I call our Sadie fur face!

@hellie jo  Lol, how cute. Smiley Happy  I am calling my girl tick nose today, lol.  She is very furry, which is why I didn't notice the tick sooner, I think.  This is the one out of the two that keeps me on my toes, always looking for trouble, tough little terrier mix, but sweet.  She has a mind of her own, and doesn't care a hoot about what anyone wants, only what she wants, stubborn, but after years, I have her somewhat trained, what a joke, LOL, she comes when I call only if it suits her, a great escape artist, and on and on.

The male, Remmy, is very obedient, sweet, and full of energy, as is the girl, wish I had half of their energy, lol.  Here she is.

DSCF7993.JPG

Respected Contributor

What a cutie! I love dogs and cats,but only have a dog now.She is the queen of the house.She was a rescue and had been through a lot,so of course she is spoiled.She is a mix,part Austrailian cattle dog and will " herd " you if you are in the fenced in back yard haha

Honored Contributor

Homemade pizza for us tonight; really hit the spot.   

Plan for tomorrow is to cook a pot of October beans, wilted lettuce and onions, and make cornbread in my Papaws small egg skillet.