Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for a Happy New Year 2019- Wheeeee!!

Image result for happy birthday winifred

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Winifred  Belated birthday wishes.  Hope your day was a happy one.

Respected Contributor

Thank you much for the BD wishes. Went and bought me a tiny one person BD cake. LOL. Not the best but it sure was pretty - a white cake with sparkly red roses on it - got it at Vons. Also went to lunch with me friend Gaye - we two old creeps had a good time. We both had eggplant Parmesan(spelling)). It came with spaghetti - I could not have fixed it that good.

Winds yesterday were horrible, when they were not blowing, you would get the sweats - that lasted all of about a minute LOL.

Have a good day everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred,

So glad you got out yesterday to have birthday lunch with a friend, and bought yourself a cake!   I so prefer quiet celebrations like that with family or friends on my birthday. Never been a fan of parties.  

Trucker daughter is home for the weekend.  I will be making grilled ham slices, augratin potatoes, and baked beans for dinner today.    

West Virginia is a cold 35 degrees today; rain/snow mix is  expected today, with snow and cold temperatures hanging around all week.   

Respected Contributor

Today DD is out visiting with some friends.DH and I are going on a little vacation tomorrow for a few days, Will be good to do something different for a change.When DD gets back this evening we will order a pizza for tonight.Have a good week and good eating.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Thank you much for the BD wishes. Went and bought me a tiny one person BD cake. LOL. Not the best but it sure was pretty - a white cake with sparkly red roses on it - got it at Vons. Also went to lunch with me friend Gaye - we two old creeps had a good time. We both had eggplant Parmesan(spelling)). It came with spaghetti - I could not have fixed it that good.

Winds yesterday were horrible, when they were not blowing, you would get the sweats - that lasted all of about a minute LOL.

@Winifred  Happy belated Birthday! Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

happy belated birthday winifred. your birthday meal sounds wonderful. a few years ago near us we ordered food to be delivered and i got pasta and chicken parm and on the chicken they had eggplant on top of chicken with sauce and melted cheese . it was awesome. italian food is allways my favorate.not bad down here today with temps in the 40s. we ate with anna today and everyone on satauday like we allways do. anna made pasta, meatballs brasol  witch is rolled up seasoned steak with hard boiled eggs in it and she cooks it in tomato sauce. plus cooked plain sausage taking out of casing and then some sausage with scrambled eggs, rabbi, string beans, fried artichokes, salad,italian buns, chesnuts, fruit and chocolate and more. food was really good.hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night, I cooked M57921 Rastelli Market Fresh (10) 7-oz Prime Pork Ribeye Steaks steak style on the Webber, and this is the way to go, but I am going to try them in the air fryer.  They are tender beyond belief for pork, and whatever fat was there does not remain.  They are marbled, no fat on the outer edges though I do love charred fat such as on steaks, I know, baaad, lol.  I made a basil, from the freezer, garlic butter sauce to drizzle over the sliced pork, salad, and toasted buttered baguette for DH.

I spent yesterday gardening, 66 or so here, so weird for this time of year, but the pups and I loved it.  I got a lot of pruning done, and maybe today I will weed.  The temp will drop soon, so want to take advantage while I can, good for the waistline also. Smiley Happy

My landline now has so much static, think it was the ferocious wind we had a while ago, so have to call AT&T again, just had them here a few months ago, but it has to be the outside lines.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable week.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Well I did a dumb thing last evening. Geesh. I wanted some fried veggies - grew up eating those great things - so I dug out my trusty iron frying pan, put some water in it and dumped in a lot of the mixed veggies, broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower and added a cut up onion and cut up some red potatoes. I kept turning them, the water was about gone so added some veggie oil and put the lid back on. FORGOT to turn down the heat and the light bulb went on. Yep, some were pretty well done but I still ate them, I also love well cooked veggies. Mother use to deliberately singe yellow squash AND cabbage when she fried them - much better. It was good.

Not real sure what today will bring - this morning the TV showed NO rain so who knows.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. winifred we have all made dumb moves one time of another. cloudy in the 30s today and some rain showers tonight ending as snow showers then temps in the single digits and wind chills below 15 degrees. maria made nachos last night with cooked hamberger with taco seasoning, mexican corn, chickpeas,cheddar cheese and jarred creamy nacho cheese and it gets baked to melt cheese and today mashed potatos, corn, and ranch pork. all very good.hope everyone has a great week and eats well.