Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for Thanksgiving this November 2019?

tiny 2. happy thanksgiving everyone.    

cranberry chutney

1 cup water

4 cups cranberrys  i used frozen

1 cup raisins

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar  i used light brown

2 teaspoons cinnamin

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 cup chopped apple

1/2 cup finly minced onion

1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

in a pan mix first 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.then reduce to low and cook until cranberries burst 5 to 7 minutes.add rest of ingredients continue to cook until it thickens about 5 to 10 minutes. it will be thick and transfer into container to cool then refrigerate . its good warm but real good cold.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

tiny 2. happy thanksgiving everyone.    

cranberry chutney

1 cup water

4 cups cranberrys  i used frozen

1 cup raisins

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar  i used light brown

2 teaspoons cinnamin

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 cup chopped apple

1/2 cup finly minced onion

1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

in a pan mix first 8 ingredients and bring to a boil.then reduce to low and cook until cranberries burst 5 to 7 minutes.add rest of ingredients continue to cook until it thickens about 5 to 10 minutes. it will be thick and transfer into container to cool then refrigerate . its good warm but real good cold.

@Pooky1 Thank you so much. This looks wonderful.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow, last day of November already!

Started the day clearing the refrigerator; made turkey salad, made potato soup out of the leftover mashed potatoes, put several things in much smaller bowls, and now it looks like a normal refrigerator with room to put stuff. My husband cannot judge the size bowl needed for leftovers; he just goes for the largest, and then fusses because the shelves are full, and he doesn't have a spot for his tervis cup at night!

No cooking for me this weekend! I can't eat after midnight tonite, liquids all day tomorrow, so the family is on their own until after I have my routine test on Monday.

Esteemed Contributor

My friend cooked a 10lb Prime Rib in his Ronco rotissere and packaged all the leftover (sliced) in his FoodSaver for me to bring home!  Prime Rib whenever I want it!  He's a good friend!  Yeah, he is!