Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for Thanksgiving this November 2019?

Keybra, Tessa is a great granddaughter. I just keep praying for her.

Packaged WOK veggies I get at Aldi's and Von's.  Also you can buy just the mixed veggies and add to it - usually always add onions anyway. Also they rarely package potatoes and since I prefer red ones, that is fine with me - I buy them and cut them up and it works just fine. I "think" I have also seen them at Trader Joe's.

We had a cool spell today - 82 - and the next few days it warms up again. What can I say?

Just had Ditty jump in my lap - since he adopted us he kind of runs things. He is a super gentle big male cat that so far seems to leave all the neighborhood cats alone and also the old inside cat I have - aka Miss Blackie. Ditty was raised in an auto repair shop - he was upset when his "Daddy" lost the shop and had no where to take him. It is obvious he prefers men - well that basically who was always around him. Sad for all concerned.

I fixed an easy hamburger for dinner - no big deal for me. Had some yummy small cherry tomatoes as a go with - probably the last I will have for some months to come

Hope all had a great day.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. cloudy and right now its 61. tomorrow rain then going over to a little snow.  maria was sooooo not happy when they said snow. yestauday we had down stairs with anna ravioli with fresh tomato sauce, peppers and potatoes,baked sweet potatoes and butternut squash,brocolli, olives, provolone cheese, italian bread,and not sure what else. all was very good. last night i made grilled cheese with american and cheddar cheese and today maria made a hugh pan of chicken soup.  

maria started decorating for christmas today..hope you all have a great night and you all eat well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Keybra, got a great package of veggies for the WOK today - pretty good size too and it also comes with a sauce. Not all of the packaged veggies do - will be trying it shortly. Fusia is the name on the package - those veggies look really good.

Another HOT day today - oh well, wintertime will be coming one day - I hope.

Ooops, the veggies were at Aldi's - lovethat place

Respected Contributor

So here it is Thursday already. These days just zoom by.

Tried cleaning my carpet yesterday - what a nuisance. Just will not clean so took the cleaner apart - somewhat - not sure I have done anything to benefit it but will try again today. It was streaked yesterday and I have never seen it do that. Sigh. Well people cannot use a carpet cleaner and then let it sit for days with the recovery stuff in it. Grrrrr. I found it that way a couple months ago, cleaned it then but have not tried to use it. Not working real well.

Last night I had just a pick up dinner - worked for me just fine. Tonight? May toss a few pieces of orange chicken into the WOK with veggies - sure like that kind of eating.

Hope one and all have a great day. Looks like we are beginning to start our winter cool down.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone, cold and windy in the 20s this morning. the other day maria made mashed potatoes red lobster biscuits and pork with a sauce of blackberry preserves basamic vinagar and garlic powder. very good. yestauday i made a cranberry cake that i made last year to. i messed up directions but it came out the same any way so now i can make it this way and its alot easyer. it came  out very good and very moist. if anyone wants the recipe i will give it.last night i made a breakfast for dinner. eggs and potatoes with left over french frys, breakfast  sausage, hashbrowns and croissants. very good. are house is all decorated for christmas. hope you all have a great weekend and eat well.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1  Please share your recipe.It sounds so good.

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone, cold and windy in the 20s this morning. the other day maria made mashed potatoes red lobster biscuits and pork with a sauce of blackberry preserves basamic vinagar and garlic powder. very good. yestauday i made a cranberry cake that i made last year to. i messed up directions but it came out the same any way so now i can make it this way and its alot easyer. it came  out very good and very moist. if anyone wants the recipe i will give it.last night i made a breakfast for dinner. eggs and potatoes with left over french frys, breakfast  sausage, hashbrowns and croissants. very good. are house is all decorated for christmas. hope you all have a great weekend and eat well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

3 eggs                                                                                                                                     2 cups of sugar

3/4 a cup of butter.  1 1/2 sticks

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups flour  

2 1/2 cups cranberrys. i gave them a rough chop in processer

topping

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup brown sugar  or light brown sugar

1 cup unroasted walnuts or pecans

bake at 350.

it said to bake in a 10 inch springform pan. i used a 13 by 9 inch glass pan. and other times in a large round pizza pan.

beat sugar and soft butter until well mixed, then eggs, beat well, add vanilla then add flour continue to mix flour and then add cranberries. mine were still frozen but fresh will work to. batter will be very think. grease pan well. batter spreads best with your hand once its in pan.  topping. melt butter, then add brown sugar and chopped nuts cook for  2 minutes. spread over cake 60to80 minutes of until tooth pick comes out clean. comes out very moist.  i doubled this recipe.   this recipe was more complicated but i made a mistake and everyone said it was better this time so i gave you the easyer version.

cranberry cake.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1  Thank you so much.I can"t wait to try it!

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. cold cloudy and rainy. so basicly  crappy. maria made ground hamberger, chick peas and sliced olives cooked and put over cooked french fries with ceddar cheese and baked in oven to melt cheese seasoned with taco seasoning. hope everyone has a great night.

Respected Contributor

Shame on me for not getting back here each day. I am getting way too lazy - I love this thread and should pay more attention. I "think" I will be fixing a ham for Thanksgiving. Do not think I will ever fix a turkey again - may buy one already prepared but not fix one from scratch. Age and whatever are getting to me.  With the ham will probably be sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and something else - perhaps Cole Slaw. I have always liked that combination.

Lots of rain yesterday and boy howdy is it cold - yes indeed. No snow and when I say I am freezing do not make any jokes over what I call freezing. Sure is not the cold East but did get down to 37 and our high yesterday was about 60 - super super wet. Today no rain but I sure was cold all day. Suppose to warm up into the high 60s and 70s the next few days. I like that better.

Hope all had a great day - come on back people - you are missed.