Respected Contributor

What's Cooking for Thanksgiving this November 2019?

So I was late getting this thread going but was waiting for someone who has still not shown up - someone from the utility companies checking to see if we need something more in the house to make appliances run smoother and cheaper. They haven't  been around for a good 5 years - they must have slipped up. Oh well will hang out another hour as they were due between 89 a.m. and noon. I think they missed us - will give them a few more minutes then call them and tell them what I think. LOL

Little Anthony will be here for the weekend - his Uncle Aben is staying to help as I cannot lift him any more,. LOL. Then Sunday we are having cake and ice cream for him and his other Uncle Davey. Both had birthdays within a few days of each other. Nothing other than that.

Hope all had a great Hallowe'en!

Super Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for Thanksgiving this November 2019?

Hi @Winifred ----- who are Little Anthony and Uncle .....you have such a history that it is impossible to keep track of everyone. LOL

Tonight for dinner we are having Chinese for the last time until Christmas. 

On Thanksgiving I will be home alone for the week . The family are going out of state to my in-laws and I am unable to go because of business commitments......I am really kind of looking forward to it . No cooking and the peace and quiet of the house. 

What is everyone doing for the holidays?

Respected Contributor

Anthony is Tessa's youngest. His Uncle on his Father's side is Aben. Uncle David who had a BD two days earlier celebrated with him - BOTH had their own cakes. Anthony turned 2 and David turned 19 - hard to believe he is that far along.

Freezing here last night and roasting during the day. Can feel the coolness sneaking in but I rarely turn on a heater at night time. Been a few times but only that. The coldest it gets is around 4 to 5 a.m. THEN that heater goes on. LOL.

WEnt to the hospital to get another Scan - follow up on my radiation treatment. We shall see.

Fixed some small chicken breasts already prepared for quick cooking - yeah! - and also WOK veggies. Quick and easy meal. Love WOK veggies.

Hope all had a great day.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. nice day today in the 50s but will be getting much colder by the end on the week. maria cooked  on monday pasta with mushrooms butter, seasoning and not sure what else but it was quick and easy and very good and yestauday  she made hamberger peppers fahitas in a wrap and french fries and today leftovers. satauday i made cinnamon apple bread. came out very good and today i made chocolate chip cookies. hope everyone has a great day,

Respected Contributor

Another cold night, cold morning and almost sweaty day - will continue for more days. OK with me, that is for sure.

Put in my slow cooker some heavenly fresh green beans - always buy them from Aldi's - sweet onion, pork loin roast (boneless) and small red potatoes. So simple to fix and what a yummy meal it will be.' Would have put in some corn but not really needed. I truly LOVE fresh veggies and good meat. It all depends where you get it if it is really good.

Got nothing much done today as for quite some time after I awoke I only wanted to lean back and sleep. Usually do not do that but just could not get in any gear. 

Hope all had a great day.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.very cold down here. in the 20s over night and 30s today. as long as theres no snow its dealable.yestauday was leftovers and last night i made scambled eggs,breakfast sausage and hash browns. today anna made escarole and beans,potatoes and red peppers,salad,and italian buns and steak cooked in a light sauce.  very good.so far new ge washer is still awesome. love it so much. and yes it fills all the way up like old style washers. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

Wow Freddie @Winifred  hard to believe that David is 19 years old already.  Time sure does fly.  I made some spaghetti for lunhc/dinner today.  Just angel hair pasta and a jar sauce.  I picked up some cheesy bread from the local Cloverleaf pizza franchise.  That bread is so delicious it helped my spaghetti taste better Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi everybody !

@Winifred   Is Tessa your granddaughter? I wanted to ask you where you bought wok veggies....I have looked but cannot seem to find them.

@Pooky1   You always have such good meals and so much of everything. I am going to make that Xmas Tree Mac & cheese for the boys really soon. 

@Bird mama  Your lunch seems delicious to me. I try to stay away from processed food but any kind of spaghetti is awesome.

Today I am making a stuffed chicken  with salad and roasted asparagus and red roasted potatoes. It will not only smell delicious but will heat up the house with this below freezing temp.

Honored Contributor

Hi all!

My avoidance of the kitchen ended this week when trucker daughter came home under the weather and needed a few days of total rest.  

She enjoyed leftover pinto beans and ham, cornbread, spicy bbq pork ribs, Mac and cheese, beef vegetable soup, cube steak with gravy and biscuits, and pot roast with vegetables and cole slaw.   With extra rest and my cooking, she’s feeling much better and is back on the road again.   

My husbands foot has completely healed, so he can wear regular shoes now, and has been able to do a few simple outside chores in the last few weeks.   I’ve been catching up on housecleaning chores, and trying to get things back to normal after a full year of coping with my husbands health issue.   

WV weather is full on late fall, early winter right now.   We had very cold temps and visible snow on Thursday morning, and measurable snow is coming for Wed.    I am not quite ready for it personally, but will deal with it.   

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know just how you feel.  I could not get motivated today - never even got out of my PJs.  Wouldn't you know today Two of my brothers, one brother-in-law and my nephew all stopped by to visit.  No one ever stops by.   My mother always used to ask us if we wanted company and we would say yes - she would say then lets not  clean up the kitchen.  Memories.