Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for November 2017 - a turkey perhaps?

Pooky1, looks like you all are going to be busy but eating well. LOL

Tonight it is Ricky, Davey and the old lady here - have fresh Brussel Sprouts ready to go, mashed potatoes on the way and will have some chicken whatever shaped like animals - am trying to think of something extra to spice them up - think I will have them in sweet and sour sauce - why not?? Also have some fresh garden grown - not mine - tomatoes. Davey will NOT eat them as his father convinced him he was allergic to them. Have tried to explain to Davey that if that was the case why was his favorite food spaghetti - which he eats until  it comes out his ears. LOL. By the way his Dad also will NOT eat them - he is also allergic to them but eats spaghetti like his son. Wheeeeeeeee.

Hope all had a great day - after a couple weeks of super warm recording setting high temps, today it is COLD!!!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Pooky1, looks like you all are going to be busy but eating well. LOL

Tonight it is Ricky, Davey and the old lady here - have fresh Brussel Sprouts ready to go, mashed potatoes on the way and will have some chicken whatever shaped like animals - am trying to think of something extra to spice them up - think I will have them in sweet and sour sauce - why not?? Also have some fresh garden grown - not mine - tomatoes. Davey will NOT eat them as his father convinced him he was allergic to them. Have tried to explain to Davey that if that was the case why was his favorite food spaghetti - which he eats until  it comes out his ears. LOL. By the way his Dad also will NOT eat them - he is also allergic to them but eats spaghetti like his son. Wheeeeeeeee.

Hope all had a great day - after a couple weeks of super warm recording setting high temps, today it is COLD!!!

@Winifred  DD loves marinara sauce but will not eat raw tomatoes.  I think kids say they are allergic to something if they just don't like it, one of DD's childhood friends was like this, lol.  Is Leah off galavanting, lol.

Respected Contributor

You are right Mousiegirl LOL.

Tonight Davey and I took Ricky to Sherry's as tomorrow I will be going nuts on errands and attending a new whatever on learning something to help deal with my precious Ricky. Leah is already there. Thursday I go in for a Bronchoscopy - not the first I have but the mass in my lungs has grown a bit. They are going in to snip and try and find out exactly what it is. So far - after a year - they have not been able to find out anything other than as a result of the biopsy it is not cancerous. My MD, bless him, says while he loves that result, he is not quite sure and even more important he wants to know WHAT it is. Course I have COPD do a lot is or can be involved. Will appreciate any prayers. Friday a.m. I head back to Sherry's to pick up the two young ones - Saturday take them to visit their Mother and then BACK and return Ricky to Sherry and Leah and I head home. Leah has to go to church with me. LOL. Did not take her last Sunday and the entire church chewed me out. Guess I know who is boss. 

Hope all had a great day and even better tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

You are right Mousiegirl LOL.

Tonight Davey and I took Ricky to Sherry's as tomorrow I will be going nuts on errands and attending a new whatever on learning something to help deal with my precious Ricky. Leah is already there. Thursday I go in for a Bronchoscopy - not the first I have but the mass in my lungs has grown a bit. They are going in to snip and try and find out exactly what it is. So far - after a year - they have not been able to find out anything other than as a result of the biopsy it is not cancerous. My MD, bless him, says while he loves that result, he is not quite sure and even more important he wants to know WHAT it is. Course I have COPD do a lot is or can be involved. Will appreciate any prayers. Friday a.m. I head back to Sherry's to pick up the two young ones - Saturday take them to visit their Mother and then BACK and return Ricky to Sherry and Leah and I head home. Leah has to go to church with me. LOL. Did not take her last Sunday and the entire church chewed me out. Guess I know who is boss. 

Hope all had a great day and even better tomorrow.

@Winifred  I hope all goes well with your scope. Smiley Happy  Glad you are having a break lately due to Sherry.

Respected Contributor

good morning hope everyone is doing well. winifred were sending prayers to you. were exspecting it to be near 60 today. last night ria made a teriaki stir fry over rice. with red peppers carrots brocolli and shaved steak. was really good. i love anything over rice. hope everyone has a great day and winifred good luck.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. last night for dinner we had breaded chicken cutlets garden string beans that were in the  frezzer from this year and corn. yestauday i made cinnimon buns. takes like 5 hours .hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Pooky, are they the cinnamon rolls you make using yeast? I know a zillion years ago Mother use to make them - also hot cross buns - and both were almost all day jobs. Loved eating them however.

Am freezing this morning - sure have a lot of aches and pains since I stopped taking the Alleve now almost two weeks ago. They sure helped my arthritic bones, etc but after this morning I can get right back to them. Am sure the MDs office simply forgot to give me an OK to use them again for a spell and probably stop again until after the bronchoscopy. Since it was delayed I think they forgot to tell me - thanks a lot guys.

Suppose to be a bit warmer today - I love the 80 degree weather and NOT the 30 or 40 degree stuff we have in the early a.m. Even yesterday the temps were not bad at all but the winds froze you. Brrrrr.

Hope all have a great day - may put a roast in the slow cooker when I get home and then we can have it for dinner AND tomorrow's dinner since the little ones will be back home. Miss those guys but nice store a bit of energy on occasion.

Again, have a great day and eat well.

Respected Contributor

cinnamon rolls are made with yeast so after i make dough it sits for 2 hours then i roll out dough make filling cut them and put in pan and give them another 2 hours then bake for 25 minutes and make glaze, your temperatures down there sounds like hugh flactuations,

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Pooky, are they the cinnamon rolls you make using yeast? I know a zillion years ago Mother use to make them - also hot cross buns - and both were almost all day jobs. Loved eating them however.

Am freezing this morning - sure have a lot of aches and pains since I stopped taking the Alleve now almost two weeks ago. They sure helped my arthritic bones, etc but after this morning I can get right back to them. Am sure the MDs office simply forgot to give me an OK to use them again for a spell and probably stop again until after the bronchoscopy. Since it was delayed I think they forgot to tell me - thanks a lot guys.

Suppose to be a bit warmer today - I love the 80 degree weather and NOT the 30 or 40 degree stuff we have in the early a.m. Even yesterday the temps were not bad at all but the winds froze you. Brrrrr.

Hope all have a great day - may put a roast in the slow cooker when I get home and then we can have it for dinner AND tomorrow's dinner since the little ones will be back home. Miss those guys but nice store a bit of energy on occasion.

Again, have a great day and eat well.

@Winifred  You probably already know this, but Aleve can cause heart problems and really thins the blood.  I was on it for three years twenty years ago, not knowing this, and it caused me to bleed so never took it again.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."