Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking for November 2017 - a turkey perhaps?

Image result for happy thanksgiving quotes

Honored Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

WE ate super well yesterday. Had to laugh at the little girl however, as she wanted NO part of the Thanksgiving Dinner. Had to fix her some Top Ramon noodles - she loves those things. I only put a small part of the flavoring in with them as I think that stuff is gross. But she had to eat and that was the only way to get food in her. She is a picky eater for sure.

Super hot here yesterday - I did not melt but sure managed to sweat a lot.

Honored Contributor

I assume we are all stuffed today, lol, I know I am.

I made the best gravy I have ever made, so much poultry flavor.  It is the only day of the year when I make gravy, just didn't grow up with it.

Poor DH, bought the wrong pumpkin pie, bought a cold pumpkin mousse pie, and he likes the regular pie, warm, so he obviously wasn't paying attention.  The good news is that I didn't have to whip cream as the pie was covered in it.

Today I will be preparing for the green tree that I will buy tomorrow at the tree lot, and by Monday I will begin decorating.

In the interim, I will begin dismantling the Fall decor in the kitchen, substantial, and when the living and dining rooms are done, I will decorate the faux tree with gingerbread and candy ornaments, and several displays, one will be gingerbread, quite large, another will be Charming Tails, and then a smaller display of cardinals, though I may change my mind on this, will see how everything develops as I go along. 

I have to alternate each year, for the most part, in order to use everything I have, too much to decorate with everything every year, as I don't have enough surfaces.  It has been two years since I have decorated with gingerbread items, and I am ready to see them again. Smiley Happy

We have been having gorgeous weather, sunny, hazy, warm without hot sun, but it is too muddy to work in the garden, and too much work to do inside, but the darned weeds are appearing now, so months and months and months of weeding ahead beginning in Spring.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Davey and I had Mexican tonight for dinner. I had chili rellanos - he had something that looked tasty - carne something or other. LOL. Am not good with the names of all their food - do know chili rellano as that is my favorite plus taco salad. Intelligence may be low but eating good food is high. 

Another very warm day - plumb hot again - weather guru says it will be a tad chilly tomorrow - time will tell.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Davey and I had Mexican tonight for dinner. I had chili rellanos - he had something that looked tasty - carne something or other. LOL. Am not good with the names of all their food - do know chili rellano as that is my favorite plus taco salad. Intelligence may be low but eating good food is high. 

Another very warm day - plumb hot again - weather guru says it will be a tad chilly tomorrow - time will tell.

@Winifred  Carne asada?  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I started the Thanksgiving dinner prep on Thursday as we planned on having the dinner on Friday.  I made the roll dough, the cornbread, the fresh cranberry salad, and the pumpkin pie.  On Friday morning, I cooked the chicken breast (didn't want turkey this year) and finished the dressing, green bean casserole, candied sweet potatoes, yeast rolls and mashed potatoes.  All of it turned out great, thankfully.  Hubby was delighted.  He loved it all.  

Respected Contributor

That's it Moussiegirl!

Enjoyed church today - not a lot in attendance so have no clue if people were away for Thanksgiving or what but sad to see so few in attendance.

Again a bit warm. Tomorrow going on a zillion errands. Davey is back in school so have to go give him the pep talk to work a bit harder on a couple of his subjects to get his grades up in those areas. Still cannot figure out why Math has ALWAYS been his top subject is now at the bottom. Hopefully I can encourage him. He mowed the lawn - or whatever you would call it these days - and I was pleased about that as there was NO hassle. Good for him. He had Subway for dinner - so did I. They just do not seem as good as they use to or either the people do not make them as good - I tossed half of mine away. Usually get the veggie routine - - oh well, did get enough to keep me going for a while.'

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. this morning is starting off really chilling in he 30s. we went friday to jcpenny .we got there at 615 and wasnt to busy.lots of eating this weekend.and today maria is going to make sweet potato gnocci. its pasta incase anyones not sure by the name. and that will be served with an alfredo sauce.hope everyone has a great day and all had a dreat thanksgiving.