Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at your house this February 2019?

Homemade pizza here tonight.   

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. cold and in the 30s with a wicked wind. gusts as high as 60 miles an hour. theres been reports of downed power line and downed trees. maria made beef fried rice and beef and vegi eggrolls for dinner. it came out very good.and tomorrows shes making some kind of chicken in the crock pot. im sure it will be very good. hope everyone has a great week and eats well.

Valued Contributor

I really enkpy reading this thread and I wanted to comment to those of you needing insulation.  About 10 years ago we needed it and our electric company paid for it!  Can't hurt to call them and ask about programs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Raining again, but not a lot, for the next two days, then a break for a few days, then more rain, which is always good news for California, except for the residents way up North where it floods, mainly the Russian River.

I have been fixing easy meals, sausages, salad and naan, stew, and leftovers, tacos with leftover grilled chicken and salsa verde from the freezer, soup from the freezer, potstickers, Sunday was hamburgers and salad, last night fish. peas, and pesto pasta, and tonight more soup from the freezer with biscuits, so nothing exciting.

I am setting up my Easter display, and creating a fairy garden on the kitchen table, very long table, then when the weather warms, I can be outside knowing all is done until Fall, except after Easter I will remove that decor and place a Spring/Summer display on the island, very easy, just interchange some items.

Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter has requested chopped sirloin patties with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and cole slaw, before she heads out later tonight.   

Respected Contributor

Making a pork roast tonight.A cold day here as usual,snowing a little.Cloudy dreary.Good day to be inside.

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. chilly in the 30s but sunny.maria made boneless chicken breast in crock pot and a pasta side dish and corn. very good and i just made cinnimon buns, this is the cfirst time i used a recipe that didnt called for yeast. we will see if i like it or like the yeast dough better. maria decorated for easter yestauday. hope you all have a great rest of the week and eat well.

Respected Contributor

Did not cook anything "new" today. Finished up the roast with the veggies - each time you eat that, it just gets better and better.

Today was not a bad day - not cold at all but chilly. Sun was great!

Well supposedly tomorrow the rain will begin again - enough - enough is enough. Suppose to keep raining through Sunday. Sigh!!

Hope all ate well - some good cooking going on here as usual.

Respected Contributor

@Leftovers tonight with a salad.Spent the afternoon at the vets,but our dog will be fine thankfully.Have a good evening everyone.RedTop,hope all went well for you and DH today at the Dr.

Respected Contributor

What can I say - leftovers all gone. Bought a couple frozen dinners at the store and I do believe that is what Davey and I will eat. Not in the mood to do any cooking  - I get that way sometimes.

Did the inside windows on the front porch. Need to remove the screens to get the outside. Sigh. Just did not have the energy to do that - could have as it was not raining right then but I just looked at them and thought it could wait. I have really gotten old - difficult sometimes to put one foot in front of the other. Sigh.

Also filled all the feeders so feel good about that.

Hope all had a great day.