Respected Contributor

Re: What's Cooking at your house this February 2019?

Happy Valentines Day. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week-end.

Respected Contributor

good evening every one and happy valentines day to everyone. sunny and in the 40s today. we ordered chinese food for today and tomorrow. hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Maria. Also to all others who visit our Cooking Thread.

So cold and wet here - not nice at all. Had to take Davey to school in Redlands this morning and then go back and get him - did a lot of praying. So much rain, and I suspect there will be horror stories. Coming back the second time, saw firetrucks, ambulances deputy sheriffs behind a building where there is a Wash. Lot of homeless go in there - never use to have any homeless in this area. Have no clue what happened but suspect it will not be a good story at all. Shortly thereafter saw a Chopped landing and about 30 minutes later from my yard towards the Middle school. Had seen earlier a fire truck headed that way and heard a zillion more sirens. Do not know what happened there - guess I will eventually get all the info. Roads are washing away and idiots are driving way too fast. Saw a pick up do a spin out right in front of me - he was driving way too fast for the water on the roads. Dumb. Have my yearly eye appointment tomorrow a..m. and he no longer comes up to my area - have to drive to Loma Linda - do NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL. Grrr.

Pulled out of the freezer my frozen black eyed peas from New Years Day. It is the perfect time for them. Dinner for sure.

Honored Contributor

Burritos here tonight.  It’s been a very busy week here, I’m exhausted and am not in much of a mood to cook a huge meal for 2 people.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Burritos here tonight.  It’s been a very busy week here, I’m exhausted and am not in much of a mood to cook a huge meal for 2 people.  

@RedTop   I hope your DH is healing well.  it's never easy taking care of someone, but please remember to take care of yourself too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still raining, no drought this year, thank goodness.

I decided to give my slow cooker another chance at cooking pinto beans to make refried, especially since I don't have room in the freezer for a vat of beans, so I cooked one and a half pounds on high, and they turned out wonderfully, the beans so creamy that I ate the beans as soup last night, lol, mashed some of them, so good.  I still got many containers of the beans to freeze, so from now on, this is how I will cook them,  No chance of burning them this way either.

Tonight will be tacos with leftover grilled chicken thigh chunks with some beans, etc.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend, same old, same old here. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello.Hubby is cooking tonight.Will grill steaks even tho we have a foot of snow.He just clears the deck of snow.Just a cold dreary day.Have a great week-end.

Respected Contributor

Cold, cold and cold. No rain today, beautiful sunny day but that sun did not provide any heat whatsoever. Tomorrow may go down to in the 20s and then yet another storm is due. Nothing is holding up with all the water we have already had. STreet literally falling apart, roads closed due to massive portions just sliding away and so it goes. Enough is enough.

Fried me eggplant the other day and ate the last of it yesterday - love sandwiches made from that fried eggplant. So good. Only nibbled at things today.

Need to think about what to eat tomorrow, oh well, first will sleep on it and THEN think about it tomorrow morning. LOL.'

Hope all had a great day and tomorrow will be even better.

Honored Contributor

Thunderstorms and heavy rain here in southern West Virginia today.   Our dinner was skillet lasagna, rolls and salad.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I finally gave in and ran into the market to get a roasted chicken.

It was a Perdue and I had green beans and an avacado with it........I have never had anything as dried up as this was........ I will make my own in the future !